One week from today we will be on our honeymoon in Aruba. Dave and I both are looking forward to some time away from everything. He has been so busy with work...and I have had a very busy summer so far. I actually have had very few days that I've actually relaxed since school has been out. I have gotten to have lunch and spend some time with several of my girlfriends that I have not seen in a while and that has been great!
Last week I started helping at a former student's dad's business...and I am really enjoying it. They sell and manage ski trips for youth groups. I am just helping out part time with some of the pricing to stay busy while we are in town this summer. I like how relaxed the office is and that they are such nice folks!!!
I am more than thrilled that I have recently accepted a position teaching first grade in a new district that is much closer to home. The principal seems to be a very fun and energetic educator, which I just think is so important. It is so obvious that she loves her job and loves kids...and I am thrilled to be joining her team.
Other than that, I went to my first arena football game on Friday night with Dave and our friend Carolyne. It was FREEZING cold and we left in the fourth quarter because Carolyne's toes were turning blue. Although I was not a huge fan of the obnoxiously load announcer, we all had a great time. Of course Dave was in one of his sarcastic moods where has to comment on everything going on around him....which just makes me laugh too much!
Our friends Jen and Brian came in this weekend and we had the most amazing Italian food for lunch! It is always so great to see them. Dave and Brian just feed off of each others' sick humor and it leaves everyone around just shaking their heads in amazement.
No comments:
Post a Comment