Last weekend Dave's old college football buddy, Steve, came to visit us from South Dakota. Because of our ice issue last week, his plane got in later than planned on Thursday. As soon as he got in, they picked me up and we all headed up to the PGA Tour Superstore to hit some golf balls (the next best thing to being on the golf course for those two). Well, they hit some balls. I shopped and played on Dave's I-phone. After playing for a while, we headed to the Gaylord Texan (one of my favorite places to eat ever). We had a great time and I did accomplish my mission (making Steve admit that their nachos are the best nachos EVER).
The boys played golf all day Friday, but were home in time for my homemade cooking and hanging out at the house. Saturday morning Dave made a fantastic breakfast for us at the house...and then they were back on another course. Dave asked me to join them, but I had my own plans! I slept and caught up on General Hospital the ENTIRE day. When they got home, we headed to Bone Daddy's for some great food and great company. Our friends Melissa and Sam joined us for dinner. Then some girlfriends, Katrina and Marina, met us to all go bowling! Boy was that a flashback! They had the lights down and the music loud. We had a blast being silly and bowling. Steve left Sunday morning, so we went to church and headed home for Dave to watch the Superbowl (and for me to take cat naps and watch the commercials).
On another note, I have just totally gotten into my groove at my new school. Words cannot express how much happier I am now that I am teaching first grade again. I love kindergarteners, but my heart has always totally been in first grade. It makes all the difference to me. I love my teammates and have begun to feel like I know most of the teachers and some of the families. After a whole semester, I feel like I have gotten the curriculum down. I am loving it!!!
Dave is still looking for a job and we are constantly reminded just how difficult this economy is right now. Even though he is so incredibly qualifed and talented, he is still just one of so many qualified people looking for a job. However, it's always amazing to me how great our God is. Dave's time at home has given us a chance to spend so much time together (no more tournaments on the weekend!!!). We love having our dates every weekend and getting up for church together on Sunday mornings now. It was a very rare Sunday before this that he was in town. But now, we get to go together every week. It has really grown our love and faith. And I tell you what...that man of mine is quite the go-getter! Even with all of the time he spends job-hunting, he still has been finding time to do the laundry and the dishes. He has been painting, fixing stuff, and cleaning out everything around the house. It's unreal! I could not be more proud of his strength and attittude about all of this. He truly inspires me.
We have complete faith that this is all in God's hands. We feel so incredibly blessed that I have such a stable job during these uncertain times. Who woulda thunk it? I am my husband's sugar momma...and loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment