Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break

I've been such a slacker with this lately, so I thought I'd update a little.

This last week was pretty crazy.   School was really busy for me and I was not feeling great, so it made the week go by REALLY slow.  I also had open house on Thursday night, so that made it even crazier.

This week is my Spring Break and it is off to a great start!  Dave's parents flew in this morning and we've had an awesome day with them.  I think we wore them out because they are already sound asleep.  We went to the West End to get some Texas BBQ and do some shopping and sightseeing.  Then we came home and played a few serious games of Skip Bo (mine and Dave's new favorite).   I made yummy chicken enchilada soup and dump cake to go with this yucky weather.  They will be here until Monday when they head for New Orleans to build a house for Samaritan Purse.

Other than being a little lazy and having some girly days with my girlfriends, I am planning on doing some serious painting this week.  The house is really coming along.  We finished painting two more of the rooms just this week.   They look awesome!  We have so much we still want to do, but all of these little projects are coming along great.  This week I will do the dining room, the master bedroom, and the kitchen (that one will be lots of work).   Dave is not a huge fan of painting, but I am loving it.   And he has been really awesome with doing all of the little projects that need to be done.   We have really made this place a home in the last few months especially.   We have big plans for the outside too.  We've started some of it, but the landscaping stuff is more for Dave.  I take care of the paint.   Either way, we are just loving having the chance to do all of this together.

Looks like this year is going to be a pretty adventurous one.  Next month we head to Baton Rouge to see my cousin Rachel get married.  Then in July we will be in South Dakota to celebrate Grandpa's 80th birthday!!!   And babies...Dave's sister Erin will be having our 8th niece or nephew in August.   Then my brother Greg's wife Beth will be having our 9th in October.  And it looks like this might be the year that we start thinking about having our own little family!  We'll see what God has planned for us!  In December we will be heading to the Black Hills in South Dakota.  We will spend the week of Christmas with Dave's WHOLE family in a beautiful cabin there. I can't wait!

No comments: