*We are currently in beautiful and sunny Arizona, celebrating Brooks' birthday with Dave's family. We are loving all of this relaxation and soaking up the sun. (We just wish Uncle Josh and Aunt Stacy were with us).
*Brooks had an awesome birthday party yesterday at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Auntie Erin worked her magic to make it so special! So many cousins and aunts and uncles were here to celebrate with our little man. I also enjoyed seeing one of my Texas girlfriends and her family, who now lives here in Phoenix. It was a very special day and we feel so blessed to have so many people that think our little boy is as wonderful as we do.
*Dave's parents spoiled us last night by getting us a room at The Buttes resort here in Phoenix. They kept Brooks overnight so we could have some time together. We spent the afternoon by the pool, had a wonderful dinner, and slept more than we have in a year. We were in bed at 9:30 on our big night out. Sad, isn't it? We were up by 6:30 too. Oh, how children will change you!
*This past weekend, after much kicking and screaming (by me, actually)...I finally gave in and let Aunt Marlene give Brooks his very first haircut. I guess when people started calling him "Mullet Man", I just finally had to let go. Either way, he sat in Daddy's lap and ate a candy cane while Aunt Marlene snip snipped it off. I was such a proud mommy. But in those 5 minutes, my baby turned into a little boy, and my eyes filled up with tears for a few seconds when I realized just how fast the past year has gone by.
*Things have been very busy for me lately. I have been doing a lot of substituting at the elementary school. And after spending 8 years as a classroom teacher, I absolutely love my new job title of "professional substitute" (I assigned it to myself.) It has all of the wonderful perks of being a classroom teacher, but none of the drawbacks. I get to be around all of the kids without doing lesson plans or parent conferences. It's the perfect job for me! Plus, I can pick the days I want to work, and stay home when I want.
*I also have been doing some private tutoring out of our home, which I did for years in Dallas. I have been working with some real sweeties and just love to see them grow and learn!
*Brooks has started going to Aunt Stacy's when I do work. It's so wonderful knowing that he is spending the day playing with his cousins. And I know that his Aunt Stacy takes such loving care of him! So it makes it easy for me to enjoy subbing , knowing that he is in such good hands.
*In March, Brooks and I flew to Dallas to visit with my family and friends. We had a big birthday party to celebrate his 1st birthday. He had a great time digging into his Elmo cake, getting it all over his face. We got to meet baby Claire, my little brother's new little girl. We spent a day at the Ft. Worth Zoo, went on walks, and did some shopping in the big city. I got some awesome girl time with my mom and sister in law, as well as lots of girl time with friends. It was wonderful. As much as I love South Dakota, I love love love Texas, so it was great to visit. (And great to come back home to my man too).
*Three days before we flew to Dallas, Brooks got tubes in his ears. What a difference they have made! He has not been sick since then. And he is so much happier now that he isn't in pain all the time.
*Brooks has been growing so fast. It's hard to believe that this little boy is the same little one that came into our lives last year. He has started to walk, although most of the time he has decided it is easier to just crawl. He is such a busy little boy, into absolutely everything. He loves to crawl around and pull EVERYTHING out of the cabinets. And why bother clean it up? He will just take it right back out. He has started climbing the stairs, which keeps mommy really busy. He loves to play peek a boo, play in the refrigerator, and eat dog food. He also loves to play ball, any kind of ball, which of course makes Daddy very proud. One of his favorite activities is to sit in his high chair and throw his sippy cup on the floor. He fusses at us until we get it, then laughs, and throws it again. Such a stinker! Oh, and he loves to share his pacifier with anyone (and he will shove it in their mouths whether they want it or not).
We are predicting a busy April and May, with lots of guests coming to town, a new niece or nephew, and a big move. As much as we would LOVE to buy a new home, we just cannot do it until we sell our home in Dallas. So in May, we will be moving to a bigger house that is right up the street from the one we are currently renting. It has 5 bedrooms, an attached double garage, and a fenced in yard for Hank. We are thrilled to have found a rental that will work so perfectly for our family.
So I think that brings us up to date.
No comments:
Post a Comment