Time just goes so fast with this little guy. It seems like yesterday we were moving with a brand new baby. And now this little guy is walking and talking and into everything. It just amazes me every day.
Brooks is one busy boy. He loves to explore anything and everything. He is working on several words. He has "daddy" and "no" perfected. Anytime he sees something he likes or wants, he points and says "Whoa Whoa". It's pretty adorable. He also is working on "mama" (finally) and "dog". He's quite the ham as well, shaking his head when we tell him no. It's hard not to laugh...and sometimes we do. He is such a happy boy!
His latest favorite things to do: practicing climbing the stairs, carrying around his toothbrush everywhere we go, eating cereal with a spoon, riding in his push car, swinging at the park, throwing the trash can in the shower with mommy, tearing the toilet lock off of the toilet and then shoving things inside it, and of course unrolling the toilet paper off the roll. He is bunches of fun and he keeps us both moving! I'm sure I am forgetting a million things, but these are the ones that come to mind.
As far as the rest of it goes, we are settling into our new home that is only a few blocks away from where we were living. The move was pretty easy thanks to our awesome friends and family. My mom even came from Dallas to help with the baby and the move. She was a saint, cooking and cleaning and spoiling us rotten. It was so wonderful to have her with us for a whole week! I am one lucky girl to have such a wonderful momma!!!
We spent Memorial Day Weekend in the Black Hills with Dave's family. We had a great time getting away and celebrating Grandpa Mike's 60th birthday and retirement from 37 years in education as a teacher, coach, and administrator. We spent 4 days playing games, eating Grandma Marla's soul food, and enjoying the beautiful weather. (Well, except for the morning we woke up to snow on the ground...that almost brought me to tears.) But what a reminder it was to slow down and appreciate your loved ones!
On a more serious note, Dave's Grandma Betty passed away early this month. Unfortunately, I never really knew Betty. I have been around her many, many times, but I never really knew her, not like the rest of the family did. For several years now, she has had dementia and has had a difficult time recognizing family members. Her health, however, has been great. So it was quite a surprise when the phone call came one morning. And though I never really knew her, I see the impact that she has made on all of those who knew her best...and it is clear that she was one amazing woman. I see the 3 awesome sons she raised to be good, strong, God-fearing, kind family men. I see the children that those 3 men have raised...all with good morals, a love of Christ, character, and integrity. And I see Grandpa Wendell, the man that loved and adored her for 62 years. I see the way he loves her still, and the loss that he feels. And I feel grateful to be a part of this family that she created, this family that I now love dearly. What a legacy she leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment