Sunday, August 21, 2011

Brooks is Going to Be A Big Brother!

We are so excited to share that we are having another baby!  Brooks will be a big brother in March!

We decided to start trying for another baby as soon as Brooks turned 1.  We were over the moon in April when we got pregnant right away.  However, at a sonogram in early May we learned that the baby was ectopic (growing in my fallopian tube rather than in my uterus).  We were absolutely heartbroken to lose our little angel.  And we were scared...scared to try again, knowing that once you have had an ectopic pregnancy, you are much more likely to have another.  But as soon as they gave us the go ahead, we started trying and got pregnant again right away!  Because of the high risk of it happening again, the doctor immediately had me in for a sonogram.  I can't tell you the feeling of peace that washed over me as I saw that little heartbeat just thumping away and they told me everything was fine!!!!!!

So now we are 10 weeks.  UGH!  The first trimester is just hard...all I want to do is sleep so I don't feel so sick!  But every time I feel sick, I remind myself that it means I have a healthy pregnancy!!!  When I was pregnant with Brooks, we bought a baby heart monitor, so we are loving pulling it out every few days and hearing that sweet sound that makes it all worth it.

In other news, this has been a busy summer for us with lots of company.  Dave's family was in town for the "Big Reunion".  While they were still here, my girlfriend Melissa came to visit us from Texas for a week.  We have been friends for almost 18 years now!  We had a great time catching up and spending so much time together.  And Brooks loved being spoiled by Aunt Mel.

The day Melissa left, Dave and I picked up our two exchange students that are visiting for 3 weeks from Japan.  Sayaka and Emi have been a blast.  But let me tell you!  They have spoiled my son rotten.  Brooks has figured out that all he has to do is put out that bottom lip and let out a squeal...and those 2 will come running.  The other day Dave told Brooks no.  So he ran down the hall to where the girls are staying and started crying at their doors to get their attention.  This little guy is too funny!

This coming week we will be heading to Dallas to visit my family.  I miss my mom and dad so much!!!  We cannot wait to see everyone and celebrate my nephew Owen's birthday together.  And as soon as we get back, Dave's family will be coming back to South Dakota for a few weeks.  So as you can see, we are busy busy busy.

Just a fun little Brooks story:
The other day Dave was watching him and I noticed he was really quiet.  I kept saying, "Dave, why is the baby so quiet."  And Dave kept saying "he's fine...just playing."  Well after I asked a few times, Dave decided to check in the living room just to make sure!  And there was Brooks, sitting on the couch, covered in caramel syrup.  He had gotten it out of the refrigerator and emptied it all over the couch and himself.  Of course, he was just smiling and so proud of himself, licking his little lips!!!!  I think Dave learned that quiet is not a good thing with our little guy!

He is so fun and busy...never a dull moment.






No comments: