The last few days in Arizona, Brooks got really sick. The plane ride home was no fun at all. As soon as we got in, we went to the doctor, who told us he had the flu, an ear infection, and pink eye...poor baby. Dave and I both were pretty sick too. So we spent our New Years Eve exactly like we spent it last year, home sick, doing breathing treatments on our little boy. (It takes both of us). Even though we were sound asleep by 11:30, we were thankful to be starting 2012 together as a family of almost 4.
That next weekend, Dave's brother, Josh, flew in from South Dakota to go to Dallas with us. The North Dakota State University Bison were playing in Frisco, Texas for the National Championship. Josh has both played for and coached for the team, so he and Dave were excited to be able to attend the game, which THEY WON!!!! The guys had a great time at the game and celebrating with college friends, while Brooks and I had a relaxing weekend visiting with my family.
Then, this past weekend, Dave and Brooks and I packed up and headed to Florence, Mississippi (about 20 miles from Jackson) for my family reunion with the Owens family. My cousin, Zach, is the director at Twin Lakes, a camp for church and youth groups, that is hidden within all of the beautiful pine trees there. We spent the weekend hanging out with loved ones that I have not seen in way too long…and exploring this amazing campground. As you can see in the pictures below, it is absolutely breathtaking, even in the winter. And what a great and unexpected little winter family getaway it turned out to be for me and my two boys.
So as you can see, we have been busy busy busy, traveling all over. But now we are home, where we plan to stay put until March, when our little girl is born.
I am now 31 weeks pregnant with our little princess, Presley. I like to call her our "tiny dancer" because she is constantly dancing in my belly. With Brooks, I remember that he would get very active at night when I would get still. But little Presley moves all day, every day. I love it!
Speaking of Presley, don't go buying us any monogrammed gifts yet. Dave, who is choosing her middle name, has changed his mind. She has a new middle name and it does not start with G. Unfortunately, he has sworn me to secrecy until she is born. And as hard as it is for me to keep this secret, I figure I owe it to him. After all, he did not want to tell whether it was a boy or girl...or that her name was Presley...and I just couldn't keep those secrets. So my lips are sealed!
I have been doing quite a bit of nesting lately, getting ready for our little girl. I've been washing clothes, washing bottles, and cleaning baby gear. We have gotten the bassinet up and ready to go. Everything is ready....except for her big brother. We have been reading lots of books and talking a lot about babies. Sometimes I think he gets it, feeding his sippy cup to his Mickey Mouse doll or kissing my belly. And sometimes I think he is clueless...like when he tries to crawl into the bassinet. It should be an interesting transition, but I am sure he will quickly adore his new sister. Hopefully!!!
Brooks is now 21 months old and growing like a weed. He is one busy little boy, always moving until he crashes out for nap or night night. He loves to play cars on his big car rug, making VROOM and ZOOM noises as he plays. He loves to play with all of his plastic animals too. He cracks us up, sitting on the floor. Within a few seconds we will hear ROAR, MOO, BAA, MEOW, ROAR. But perhaps his favorite new activity is locking his mom and dad out of rooms. This little guy is fast, and the moment he sees an open door, he runs in and locks it. The other day he was able to lock me out of our room and bathroom before I was able to get to him. He sure keeps us on our toes!!! But every day we are amazed at how much joy this little boy has brought into our lives.
Dave is absolutely loving his new job. A new semester has started and Dave
began teaching his class on Business Ethics.
Three classes in and he already thinks he is really going to enjoy this
new part of his job. I love my man...he is such a go-getter!!!
As most of you know, I have been doing medical transcription
from home since Brooks was about 4 months old.
It has been such a blessing for our family because I have been able to
type a few hours a day (mostly while Brooks naps), but it has given us just
enough income to keep me at home with Brooks.
Well, several of the clinics that I type for have switched the way that
the therapists are documenting patient information now, so that means a lot less
typing for me. So I have been
weighing options of where to go from here.
I absolutely LOVE being a stay at home mommy…and want to be home with
Miss Presley too. But I do sometimes
miss “grownup talk” and “grownup time”.
So I wanted to find something that will allow me to be around other
people sometimes, but still be home with my babies during the day.
I’ve always thought it
would be fun to do one of the at-home party businesses. So I looked into several companies and fell
in love with Thirty-One. It is a faith
based company that sells all kinds of purses, bags, organizers, wallets,
etc. If you know me, you know I am an organization
freak!!! I am one of those silly people
who actually has their spice rack alphabetized so I can find what I need as
fast as I can. I am all about efficiency and everything
having a place. So, of course, I fell in
love with Thirty-One products. The name
of the company actually comes from Proverbs 31, about the virtuous woman
helping her family. So I figured, I love
what the company stands for and I love love love their products. So why not
give it a try? So that is my new
adventure…selling Thirty-One. So far, I am loving it. I am still doing my transcribing also, but
have added this in for some extra fun and funds.
Pajamas picture with cousins...we do one every year!
Sitting on the train table.
Grandpa Mike, Bode, Uncle Josh, Brooks, and Dave
Cousins with Grandma and Grandpa (with 2 more little girls on the way).
Loving life with Lincoln.
Staring contest with Bode.
Brooks loves his grandpa!
Daddy makes it all better when I am sick.
Dave and Josh at the game.
Sometimes 1 is not enough.
Chillin' with Charlie
Fun at the Family Reunion
I love this little curious face.
My sunshine!
Momma and her boys
31 weeks pregnant with Presley
Playing tetherball with Charlie. Look at those sweet smiles.
Mr. Adventure
Gammy's boys
Playing in the crunchy leaves.
Going up the monster slide with Dad.





1 comment:
Couple of things...I am amazed how much Brooks looks like Lincoln when he was that age! Second, I can not believe you guys were at Twin Lakes! That is the camp run by my church in Jackson and where I went to camp as a kid. I was just there last summer dropping off my cousin for his week at camp. Glad to hear everyone is doing well and can't wait to see pictures of little Presley!
Post a Comment