By the time we got home, we had been gone for 2 weeks, and we were SO ready to be home and in our own beds. Being gone is great...but coming home is even greater!
Now that we are back home, we are just trying to stay cool. It's definitely hot here!
Dave is enjoying the summer break from teaching and all of the normal sporting events he attends at the college. We are so thankful that he has a job where he can come home for lunch every day...and be home at 5 for the evening. He loves being a daddy and has been looking forward to Brooks being the age where they can be fishing buddies. It won't be long now! In the mean time, they have been working on catching balls.
I have been keeping an extra kiddo for the summer, a little 6 year old girl named Paige. She is just a joy to keep and helps quite a bit with Brooks. We have been busy going to the local parks, splash pads, the zoo, and anything else we can do to keep busy!
I have been keeping busy and having a blast selling Thirty-One. I love it! I love having some time away from home that I am not being Mommy. Dave is incredibly supportive and helps with the kids anytime I need his help!!! I just promoted to Senior Consultant and am VERY close to promoting to director. I feel so blessed that this opportunity came when it did.
Brooks is getting to be so big. He is 30 pounds at 27 months. He amazes me with the things he picks up on and the things he says. I love this age!!! I love to watch his little wheels turning. I love the way he tries to say different words, but they just don't come out right. Zebras are "swaybows". Fireworks are "fireworms". And he loves to watch "why why craps" (Wild Kratts). He is ALL BOY. He has gotten to be quite the handful and we have to keep constant eyes on him. If not, he will climb something, tip something over, or jump off of something. He absolutely adores his sister...sometimes too much. But he is very sweet and gentle with her and we are thankful he has adjusted so well.
Presley is 4 months old now. She is seriously the happiest baby ever!!! She is so laid back and agreeable. Very, very rarely does she ever cry. She just sits and watches her brother, taking it all in and laughing! She is sleeping great! She likes to have a bath and go to bed early, by about 8:00. Sometimes she wakes up to nurse, but most nights she makes it through the night. She has this little sparkle in her eyes when she smiles, and both her daddy and I are already wrapped around her little finger.
Gammy and Paw Paw and all their grandbabies.
Waiting for the "fireworms" at Freedom Fest
Love these two babies!
They melt my heart.
Swimming at Auntie Beth's
No comments:
Post a Comment