Sunday, August 26, 2012

Room to Move

August brought another move for our family (the fifth one since we got married 4 1/2 years ago). And hopefully the last one for a LONG time! With two little bitty ones wanting my constant attention, I was a little overwhelmed with getting everything packed, moved, and unpacked. So my mom surprised me by flying in one afternoon. She spent the week with us, keeping the kids busy and helping me out around the house. I seriously have the best momma! She has such a giving heart and I am so thankful for her!!!
 
So now we are all moved in and we are LOVING it! We have so much more room...inside and out! We live on over an acre, surrounded by trees, a few miles outside of town. And the best part is, the owner comes and mows it every week for us. So we have this big, beautiful yard for Brooks to run and play in, but we don't have to worry about the upkeep. Brooks absolutely loves his big yard. When he wants to go outside, he tells us "park". He thinks our backyard is the park, which I think is fabulous. And with the beautiful weather lately, we have been spending a lot of time outside.
 
I am so looking forward to fall and the changing of the trees. Even with the recent cooler mornings and evenings, Dave and I have been spending quite a bit of time on the patio, either with coffee or a Corona. We are looking forward to a trip to South Dakota soon, as well as some visits from friends and family coming here. One thing is for sure, we are blessed!
 
 It doesn't get much sweeter than this!
 
 Playing in Daddy's boots.  I hope and pray that he tries to fill his Daddy's shoes all his life!
 
 Painting fun!
 
Anytime I leave the door open, he runs and sits at my desk and says "Brooksie working"
 
 Helping Daddy move bricks
 
 He carried one at a time...back and forth...back and forth.  So sweet! 
 
 Sweet Baby Girl
 
 One of his favorite things to do:  add stickers to his sticker book.  Keeps him busy for hours!
 
 Eating snacks at the Aquarium with Kosten
 
We made Daddy some treats to take to his Fantasy Football draft. Brooks got to lick the spoon!

Our friend Carolyne came for a visit.  We had not seen her in 2 years, so we were thrilled to have her.

No comments: