Friday, September 7, 2012

Wonderful Weekend in South Dakota

This weekend we went to South Dakota to help Dave's mom, Marla, celebrate her 60th birthday!  We had an incredible weekend!!!  The weekend was filled with lots of family, friends, football, and food.  Dave's sister, Erin, even surprised her by flying in from Arizona for all of the festivities. 

The Lord has blessed us greatly with so many family and friends that make our lives so much sweeter!  It's so great to have those relationships that cannot be shattered by time and distance. 

 Playing Peek A Boo with Mommy to pass the time on our 10 hour drive.
 
 The King of our Hearts
 
 Rylee Jean Tailgating at the Game
 
 Presley and Grandma
 
 Such A Big Girl...Almost 5 years old!
 

 I don't know if I will ever forget the moment right after I took this picture.  Brooks was busy playing with his bigger cousins.  He figured out I was the only mommy with them.  He looked at me with those big blue eyes, pushed me out of the gate, and said "Bye Bye Mommy.  Mommy Go."  I kid you not - my eyes filled with tears.  How can he already be pushing mommy away?  He owns my whole heart, this kid!
 
 Wrestling with Grandpa
 
 "Smell my feet, Grandpa!"
 
 Little Lacey came all the way from Arizona for Grandma's special day.
 
 Presley meets her Great Uncle Matt
 
Already playing dress up with Grandma!
 
 Loving on Floyd!
 
 
 Megan's turn. 
 
 Look at this big boy.  By the way - take a good, long look at that pacifier.  If all goes as planned, it will no longer be around after this week. 
 
Dave, Marla, Erin, Mike, and Josh


No comments: