Sunday, November 11, 2012

All About Brooks










 
 



 
Brooks David, my little fireball!  This kid keeps me going.  Nonstop!
 
First of all, I would like to announce that we have been pacifier free for almost a month!!!!  This is a HUGE development!!!!!  And while there are times that I am tempted to go buy some, so far I have resisted the urge.  Next up...potty training.  But I think we will wait until after the holidays for that!
 
Brooks has a heart of gold.  He is very kind to others and is very compassionate.  He is the best big brother EVER!  I am so proud of the way he takes care of his "Sissy".  He is very protective and shows great concern when she cries.  He asks her "what happened, sissy" and tells her "it's okay, sissy."  He loves to read to her too.
 
Brooks loves to do crafts, or as he calls them, "craps".  The other day we were running errands and I told him he was being such a good boy that he could pick something he wanted to do.  He said "Mommy go to Hobby Bobby and buy craps".  So we did!  We went and bought some Christmas ornaments to make together.  He loves to paint, color, and play with playdough. 
 
His new favorite thing to do (indoors, anyway), is to build stuff.  He loves to play with his blocks and his little builders.  We are amazed at the things he comes up with.  He has quite an imagination. 
 
Brooks REALLY loves to be outdoors.  We have recently learned that we must keep the door locked at all times.  Otherwise, he helps himself to the outdoors every chance he gets.  He loves to run, play, climb, kick, and throw.  Brooks colors, writes, and eats with his right hand.  But he swings, bats, and throws with his left hand.  Daddy likes that!
 
Brooks is great at playing independently.  As a matter of fact, some days, instead of napping, he will just play upstairs by himself for a couple of hours.  I love it!!!  Brooks is very smart and learns very quickly.  He knows all of his letters and sounds, his colors, and his shapes.  He can count to 10 and can count given objects using one to one correspondence.  He even sorts things by color and shape, etc.  I am so very proud of this boy!!!  And while my 2 year old can be very frustrating (you should see the fits this kid can throw), he is equally endearing and adorable, as well.  He sure owns our hearts! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all the pics! He is such a sweetie. We have enjoyed getting to know him! I'm adding your blog to my blogroll so I don't miss a post :)