Wednesday, December 19, 2012

BUSY BUSY BUSY!

I'm sure your holiday season is like ours...BUSY!  I love this time of year, but it sure keeps us running like crazy.
 
We took a quick trip to Dallas in mid-November to see my little brother, Steven, get married.  It was a quiet, intimate ceremony at my parents' house.  My big brother Greg (a pastor) performed the ceremony.  We had a great day celebrating with family and friends.
 
Then my family drove to Oklahoma to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.  It was fabulous.  I was a little nervous about doing all the cooking (normally my dad does it all...he's a master in the kitchen).  But with the help of my wonderful sister in law,  Beth, it was a huge success!  Beth and I got to experience some CRAZY shopping at Wal-Mart after Thanksgiving dinner.  We took my poor momma along.  Pretty sure THAT will never happen again.  I don't think I'll ever forget the look in her eyes as she stood there, being swarmed by all the crazies.  The boys all drove to Arkansas to watch the LSU game.  They had a great time and were home in time for some hot gumbo.  We really enjoyed hosting and not having to travel!  We are planning on hosting Thanksgiving every chance we get now. (My mom was glad to hear that!)
 
Dave has been super busy with work...lots of basketball games.  The kids and I love to go to the game and cheer on Daddy's team.  I am so stinkin' proud of my man.  Such a hard worker!  And no matter how long his day is, he comes home and jumps right in to help with the kids and the housework.  I am one blessed woman!
 
Brooks is still doing Mother's Day Out once a week.  He has decided that he wants to be a big boy and has been in underwear for 5 days now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are SUPER excited about this, but a little nervous about whether it will stick with all of the holiday excitement.  He LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine.  And Percy.  And Gordon.  And James.  (You get the picture...he loves trains).  We are really excited to see his sweet little face on Christmas morning.  I'd be willing to bet that there will be some trains under the tree for him!
 
Presley has been busy getting a new tooth and being kinda cranky about it.  Poor girl!  Poor momma!
She is crawling all over the place.  It is so hard to believe she is almost 10 months.  She has her Daddy wrapped around her finger.  And in the afternoons, as soons as she hears that garage door, she starts peeking around the corner to find him!  I love it!
 
We have had lots of fun holiday parties and get togethers with friends in the past few weeks.  We are so blessed.
 
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I will not be sending out Christmas cards this year.  I missed that boat.  So please enjoy these pictures of our precious babies.  And know that we love you all and wish each and every one of you a Very Merry Christmas. 
 
 
Helping Momma Fold Laundry
 
Brooks LOVES band-aids.  He puts them everywhere. 
 
My Sweet Babies

Not A Fan of Santa.  At All!
 
Neither One of Them
 
Pretty Girl All Dressed Up For Church
 
Daddy's Girl
 
Just Playing Planes with Sissy
 
Mom, Dad, Steven, Courtney, Dave, Me, Jesse, Beth, and Greg
 
The Whole Family at Steven and Courtney's Wedding
 
Black Friday Shopping With Momma
 
Brooks (2 1/2) drew this "giraffe".  I am so proud of my boy!
 
Presley is not fond of men that are not Daddy or Grandpa or Paw Paw
 
Big Blue Eyes Hanging Out in the Stroller at the Christmas Train
 
Had a little TOO much fun at the Christmas Train
 
Daddy got free lunch at Applebee's for Veteran's Day
 
He. Loves. Pudding.
 
Snack Time
 
Her Cousins Adore Her
 
Paw Paw Cooking Gumbo in My Apron
 
 
 
 
My Snuggle Bug
 
 
Cheering at the RSU game
 
They. Hated. Santa. (And he was not too fond of them, either)
 
We took Brooks on a little date.  It started with a special pancake breakfast.
 
Then we played at the Disney Store for a while.  This picture cracks me up.  Can you just see how excited Dave is about the 12 stuffed animals on his head?
 
My Handsome Guy
 
Dad, Dave, and Sam at the LSU/Arkansas game.  It was FREEZING!

Cookie Exchange at Brooks' School


No comments: