Friday, January 4, 2013

Meet Blue

When we moved to Oklahoma, we had to give up our beloved dog, Hank.  Our landlord would not allow animals at all!  After that, Brooks became very fearful of animals.  I mean...he would FREAK OUT if he saw even a kitten.  Then we had Miss Presley...and I figured it would be a long time before we had another dog. 

Well now we are living in the country and getting another dog has come up a few times.  I have thought it might help Brooks get past some of his fears of animals.  And plus, all the noises of living in the country can be a little scary.  It would be nice to have a big dog around!  I have always wanted a black lab, as that is what I grew up with.  However anytime the conversation came up, it has was met with a "No. More. Dogs." from my sweet husband. 

So imagine how surprised I was when Dave called me last week and said he had found some sweet puppies and he thought we should get one.  Now dogs are great!  But puppies - no thanks!  Been there.  Done that.

So just for fun, I got on Craigslist to see if there were any black labs.  And there was Blue...absolutely free.  He is 3 years old, already neutered, and up to date on all his shots.  I fell in love with his sweet face and laid back disposition.

As you can see, Brooks LOVES Blue...and he has from the minute we walked into their house!  He actually got down immediately, went and hugged him, and told me "I want my dog to come home with me."  Presley was a little slow to warm up, but now Blue is her favorite toy!  Both of my kids climb all over him...and he just lays there.  He is such a sweet boy and a fabulous addition to our family!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good dog! I'm also a no-puppies kinda of gal. Ours came trained and "good" too ;) Cute pics!