Saturday, October 5, 2013

Bringing in Fall with Family and Friends

I love Fall!  It is absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite time of year.  Beautiful trees, open windows, flavored coffee, outdoor festivals, curling up on the couch for a Sunday nap while my hubby watches football.  I LOVE Fall!  
We have been super busy bringing in the season with our family and friends.  My parents came up from Dallas a few times last month.  And then Dave's dad flew in from Arizona this weekend.  We all loaded up and drove to Dallas so they could go to the ASU/Notre Dame game at Cowboy Stadium.  Great memories for them!

Brooks is doing great!  It seems like all of a sudden, overnight, my baby is gone.  In his place is a precious, independent, inquisitive little boy.  I love this age he is at!  He is past a lot of the crazy 2 year old behaviors (although they still appear from time to time).  Now he is my little buddy.  He's pretty much happy doing anything...as long as he can talk the entire time.  He loves to talk!!!  

We signed him up for soccer this fall.  And I gotta tell ya, I kinda knew it was a little too soon when we did it.  But he is quite the social butterfly, and we wanted to let him try something new.  He is actually really good with the soccer ball, so it was an obvious choice.  (Or so we thought!!!)  Well, the little league we signed him up for is very unstructured.  The first day out, they spent about 20 minutes going around in a circle, asking about 30 young kids (all three and four) what their names and favorite colors were.  Well, that was a lot of fun during the 30 seconds that he got to talk about himself.  But for the 19 minutes before and after, he was bored to tears.  And it was hot!  And he was thirsty!  And...well, you get the picture.  But we made it through the first 45 minutes of "practice" that first day.  And then Dave had to pick him up and carry our screaming, crying, hot, tired bundle of joy to the car.  He was a mess.
The next time, however, we only got about 10 minutes in before he told Dave that he was going home.  And then he walked to the car.  SO maybe we started a little too soon.  Either way, he looks adorable in his soccer gear!
 
Presley is a hoot!!!  We are having a blast watching our little ray of sunshine developing her personality.  She absolutely LOVES to be the center of attention.  And she will sing, dance, make crazy noises, or do whatever it takes to make sure you are looking at her and smiling!  She loves all things girly and pink, but loves to play superheroes with her Bubba just as much.  She loves horses, cows, babies, necklaces, her blankie, twirling her hair, and reading books.  She is amazing. 

I wish I could push pause at this stage in our lives.  Where Brooks is.  Where Presley is.  All the time that our family gets to spend together.  These are precious days! 

And I feel like that on all the days that I don't feel like pulling my hair out from the pure exhaustion of being a stay at home momma.  Ya know, the kind of  days where I realize at 2:00 in the afternoon that I have yet to brush my teeth.  Just being real here.  It happens. 

But I wouldn't trade any of these (or those) days for anything!

 
 Story Time with Gammy

 Just look at those big, beautiful blue eyes!

 Brooks and his sweet friend, Addi, holding hands at a local festival.

 Picnic With Friends in the Front Yard

 Soccer Practice

 Brooks' Very Own Cheerleader

 I love this little smirk on his face.  Reminds me a lot of my big brother, Greg.

 Bedtimes Stories with Gammy

 He couldn't handle all the fun!!!


 Gammy, Paw Paw, and Presley at the Balloon Festival

 Snuggle Time

 Check out my big boy riding his new bike.  So big!

 Best of Friends.  I love the how much they love each other.

Cuddles with Grandpa

No comments: