Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring Has Sprung. Or Has It?

It's been a LONG winter for us.  We have had an insane amount of snow this year, for Oklahoma anyway.  We are tired of cold weather.  We are tired of being stuck inside.  And we are so ready for Spring, warmer weather, and swimming lessons.

Starting in the fall, I began to feel like I was stretching myself too thin, with way too many little jobs and projects.  I was tired and worn.  And as a result, my kids and husband were not getting the best of me.  I was tutoring, keeping kids, doing medical transcription from home, and was a director with Thirty-One.  I started to feel completely overwhelmed with all the directions I was being pulled.  So I stopped.  I stopped it all!

In December, I got a part time job at the college where Dave works.  I am working for their Health Science Department.  I LOVE IT!  I am able to work just a few hours, two days a week, while my kids are in Mother's Day Out.  And the days that they are home, I am able to give them 100 percent of me now.  I love having a "real' job again and being in the grown-up world again.  And I love that I don't wake up every morning with an overwhelming to do list.  I've even had a little extra time to teach myself to sew some curtains and pillows. And I've read an entire book for the first time since college.

In other news, Brooks also has a job now.  He is in charge of making sure the dog always has food and water.  He is doing a fabulous job!  Even if he is playing Legos when I ask for his help, he will stop what he is doing and give Blue his food and water.

Brooks is also super excited about his new bunk beds that our friends passed down to him.  We only have a mattress on the top bunk right now.  So we are using the whole bottom part as one giant fort.  Old bed sheets and flashlights make it lots of fun!

Presley is changing from a baby to a little girl right before our eyes.  In January, she switched to a toddler bed.  I was okay with that, and she transitioned very well.  But I'm not gonna lie.  I had a hard time getting rid of the rocking chair in the nursery, when we made her room into a big girl room.  It was sad to realize that she no longer needs her mommy to rock her to sleep, and that we are moving into a new phase of our lives.  It seems silly to have such an attachment to a chair, but I had a big knot in my tummy as we passed it on to a friend, knowing that it was the chair that I sat in while nursing and rocking both of my babies.  It goes so fast!

Presley has been showing a lot of interest in potty training, but we aren't there quite yet.  She does tell me every single time she goes to the bathroom.  She will bring me a diaper and say "mommy, change me."  If we could just get her to tell us BEFORE hand.
Oh well!

 Presley loves to "help" me put on my make up.

Bubba/Spiderman feeding Sissy

 Play hard.  Crash hard.  Love this little munchkin.  



Legos with Daddy

 
 Playing with Sissy's new water table from Grandma and Grandpa

No comments: