Finding a preschool in Frisco, Texas is quite a task. Most places have LONG waiting lists, and pretty pricey tuition costs. After calling probably 15 different places, I finally had decided that my little ones would just stay out of preschool for the year.
But then...
We visited a fabulous new church, which is now our church home. And during that very first Sunday morning, they announced that they would be opening a preschool in September. And guess what? They had spots for my children. And guess what else? They were looking for teachers!!!
Now I gotta tell you. Until that Sunday morning, I had absolutely NO desire to be back in the classroom. Especially a preschool classroom. But as I sat there reading the information, I began to feel incredibly excited, even hopeful, about the possibility of teaching at THIS school.
So I talked to the children's director, interviewed, and got the job! It's a super small program this year, but we will be growing quite a bit each year. But it is the PERFECT size for Brooks and Presley. And it's the perfect size for me. I have 7 adorable 2 year olds in my class (including one that is extra precious and shares my last name). That's right. I am Presley's teacher.
Now as fabulous as this sounds, it has proven to have its challenges. But it's only for one year. And I love the one on one time that I get to spend with her. I had so much time with just Brooks before Presley was born. So this gives me a chance to have some time with just Presley.
Brooks' teacher is Ms. Jackie. And she is absolutely, positively perfect for him. He is getting to be such a big boy! And although we were kind of thinking about holding him back one more year, it's looking more and more like he will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment