Thursday, May 14, 2015

Brooks Turns 5 - DISNEYLAND

In the Anderson family, turning 5 is a BIG deal!!!  Grandma and Grandpa take you to Disney!!!
Brooks turned 5 on April 1st.  So that day, we flew to Phoenix.  The very next morning, after waking up to balloons and streamers, we had a nice breakfast, and then drove to California.  We went swimming and had a fabulous dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. 

The next morning we were up early, and on the shuttle to Disney by 7:30 am.  We had an absolute blast!!!  Brooks got a lot of one on one time with Grandma and Grandpa that morning in the park, while Dave and I got a lot of one on one time with Presley.  Then, in the afternoon, we all joined up and went to Adventure Land together.  It was one of the most memorable, special days ever!  I am so thankful for the experience.  We wore Brooks and Presley out (and all the adults also).  We stayed until 9:00, when we literally could not go any more.  I cannot wait to go back for Presley's birthday in 2 years.  Maybe in 2 years, she will not be terrified of the Disney Characters.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures.  I also made a whole photo book of our trip!









The next day we drove to Carlsbad Beach.  I had never been to California, and was amazed at the beauty of it all.  The kids had never been to the ocean, so they really enjoyed playing in the sand.  Brooks LOVED splashing in the ocean, but Presley wouldn't even go near it. 






 Such amazing memories.  I am so incredibly blessed. 

 The next day we drove back to Phoenix, and flew home to Dallas.  We did not get home until 1:30 in the morning.  But we crawled into our beds that night feeling so incredibly blessed for not only the vacation, but for the precious memories with Grandma and Grandpa.  

The next day was Easter Sunday. 

 And the next day after that, we signed our little 5 year old up for KINDERGARTEN!!!  How is this possible? 



No comments: