The kids are at such a fun age, which makes the holidays even more special.
This year Brooks' school put on a show featuring all of the Kindergarten classes. It was called Gingerbread Night. The kids all sang their adorable little songs, and then they got to build gingerbread houses with their family.
Presley's dance class also had a little performance. She looked so cute all dolled up, but it was REALLY cold and windy, and the performance was outside. She danced to "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. I have videos of her dance, but no still pictures. I did get a few of us all snuggled up, watching the other classes perform.
Presley's Christmas Party
Brooks' Christmas Party
We have started a tradition where we load up in our pajamas and drive around to look at Christmas lights, while listening to Christmas Music. It also includes popcorn and hot chocolate.
This was the first year that we decided we wanted the kids to wake up
at our house on Christmas. We have said it for years, but then we
always end up leaving for Arizona before Christmas. But with the kids
getting older, it is very important for us to make our own new
traditions too, and that includes going to our own church's Christmas
Eve Service.
So Christmas morning was at our house.
We had planned on leaving on the 26th to drive to Arizona, but there was
a huge snow storm coming that we did not want to drive through. So
after the kids had a while to play with their toys, we headed out.
When
we left Dallas, it was about 65 degrees. When we got to Amarillo,
where we spent the night, it was windy and 35 degrees. The next morning
we hit the road early, hoping to avoid the snow, but we drove right
into it. Yuck!!!
All in all, the trip was not that bad. I had expected it to be much harder with 2 young kids, but they did very well.
Of course, we couldn't have been happier to arrive at Grandma and Grandpa's. Since Grandma always hosts the Lewis Christmas gathering, we had quite the welcome committee.
After all the extended family left, we put the kids in their pajamas and did our gift exchange.
Grandma and Grandpa always make Christmas such a special time for our families. I didn't grow up with Christmas stockings, so I always love watching my kids get so excited about their stockings.
Of course, we can't visit Arizona without the guys going to an ASU or Cardinals game.
Grandma always makes Christmas Cookies with the Grandkids
The cousins had a fun time playing "Pie Face"
All the girls took their new dolls to the American Girl store.
Auntie Marlene came to the house to give haircuts and get us all styled up for our family pictures.
I love this picture at Christmas Dinner, even though I have food in my cheek.
The whole family, except for Grandpa, worked off some of our holiday food by hiking up the mountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment