Saturday, February 6, 2016

She Gets it From Her Momma

When I was about 8 years old, I was obsessed with horses. I had a black bike that I named Blackie and pretended was a horse.  I would pull on the brake wires, pretending that they were reigns.  I remember it like it was yesterday.

That summer, my parents let me go to a week long summer camp at a stable.  I was assigned to this big, beautiful, white horse named "Man".

Since then, it's always been a dream of mine to own horses.  I still love them just as much as I did then.

And now, my sweet little Presley, loves them too.

It started when we rented the movie "Flicka".  She watched it over and over and over again.  She talked about it nonstop.  Soon we were renting every horse movie we could find.  We were going to the library to check out books about horses.  She would climb up on the arm of the recliner and pretend that she was riding a horse.

So, I decided to look into Becky's Hope, a rescue ranch that is about 3 miles away from our house.  The owner was amazing.  She told us to come out and tour the ranch.  She showed us around, introducing us to all of the horses, goats, chickens, pigs, and donkeys.  We left that day, and I just knew, Presley had to start horse lessons.  So we told her if we paid for horse lessons, that would be her birthday present from us.  She said she didn't want anything else!!! She said she wanted to ask all of her grandparents for money for more horse lessons too.

She is loving it.  And I'm not gonna lie, her Momma is loving it too.  I love taking her out to the barn, and just sitting, listening to the sounds the animals make, smelling the hay, and all the other farm smells.  I love breathing that country air and just taking it all in.

She gets it from her momma!



No comments: