Brooks had a great time with his friends at his Christmas Party at school. And since I am just 3 doors down, I got to sneak in for a few minutes too.
For a while now, Presley has been talking about wanting to get her ears pierced. Every time it came up, she would tell me that she was not ready yet. One morning over Christmas Break, she woke up, came in our room, and said, "I'm ready to be brave. Can we get my ears pierced today?"
I am so stinking proud of this girl. She is very cautious, and really thinks through her decisions. I knew she meant it, and that she was ready. So we took her to Claire's and she proudly picked out her starter earrings and sat in that chair with a great big smile, while they pierced her ears. She didn't even flinch. Now momma, that was another story. Just sitting there watching my big girl brought overwhelming feelings and the my tears started sneaking out.
Next we headed to Bass Pro Shop, to take pictures with Santa. While we were there, Brooks kept asking questions about the whole thing. "Mom, you know that it's too cold to live at the North Pole." "Mom, it would take a miracle to make a reindeer fly, and Jesus is the only person that can perform miracles." Then came the actual question. "Mom, is Santa real?" I knew that the time had come.
Dave and I have always felt really strongly about not lying to our kids about these things, for many reasons, The main one, however, is that I want my children to know that they can believe me 100 percent when I tell them about Jesus Christ. And I feel like if we have mislead them about Santa, the Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, that it would be easy for them to think I had also misled them about the truth of their Lord and Savior. So that night, Dave and I sat down with him and told him the truth. He said, "I KNEW IT! And it's really been bothering me. Thanks for telling me the truth." I couldn't have been more proud of my big boy.
I love baking with my sweet girl.
Christmas Eve Church Service. Then they got to open their presents from Grandma and Grandpa - new boots!!!
Christmas Eve Prime Rib Dinner. This was the first time I attempted to make this dinner. Not too bad, if I must say something. Just a little dry!
All ready for our babies to wake up on Christmas morning.
They couldn't wait to sleep in their new tent on Christmas night.
Presley's preschool did a little Christmas program for all of the parents. I was so proud of my girl, who was chosen to show off her memory verse. This girl is a natural born star!
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6
No comments:
Post a Comment