Brooks wrapped up his Kindergarten year in early June. I'm so
stinking proud of how well he did this year. We (both he and I) adored his teacher. She was the absolute perfect fit for him, and I am so thankful Brooks was in her class.
I think back to the night
before he started Kindergarten, and how
nervous and scared I was for him. But man, he knocked it out of the
park, both academically and socially. I can't wait to see what great
things the Lord is going to do with this little boy.
He was awarded three awards: Awesome Reader Award, Brightest Smile Award, and Music Award.
Every
day when I dropped Brooks at school, I would tell him to go glow in the
dark. We talk about how important it is for him to show others the
light of Jesus that shines in him. So I am especially proud of his
Brightest Smile Award.
Presley and I went up to watch his
class awards, have lunch with him, and go to his class party. It was a
very fun and memorable day.
One of the things that I will miss most, with going back to full-time
teaching, will be all of mine and Presley's lunch dates with Daddy. So
we made sure to have lots of those! On this particular date, Presley
looked at Dave and said, "Daddy, will you feed me?"
So of course, he did.
Snuggle Time with My Babies
We always enjoy the time we get to spend with Marcie and Addi.
Brooks got to go to work with Daddy to attend Jesuit's All Sports Camp. He LOVED it!
And I love all the faces I get when I ask him to smile for the camera.
With Brooks at Sports Camp all day, Presley and I got to enjoy some girl time.
Playing babies, swim lessons, horse lessons at Becky's Hope, and going on walks.
I think she might be getting too big for the stroller!!
Funny story: Dave has been begging me to get rid of this stroller. But so far, I just can't. Even though the kids are ridiculously large for it, I just can't. I can't help but to remember all those walks I took my screaming baby boy on to calm him down in this stroller. I can't help but to remember sweet little Presley taking walks with Mommy while Bubba was at school. I don't ever want those moments, and all the other precious moments I have had for the past 6 years, while being able to stay home with my babies, to fade in my mind.
So for now, we keep it!!!
Presley had her summer dance recital. She did great!!! She has a natural stage presence, for sure!
Family Selfie. Presley was in a mood!
Dave and I had to run a bunch of errands, dragging the kids along with us. While in Kohl's we heard them giggling. So we looked over to see them standing there, wearing each others' shoes. It was super sweet and made us both smile.
Grandpa, Auntie Erin, Logan, Libby, and Lacey came to visit us.
In the mornings, the kids all went to Vacation Bible School together.
The
afternoons were spent at the Aquatic Center, Becky's Hope, Play Street
Museum, and playing outside. The kids really enjoyed playing together!!
Erin and I had lots of shopping/brunch outings, with the kids being entertained in the mornings!!!
The
grownups got to take off and head down to Waco one day, where we went
to Magnolia. After spending some time shopping and hanging out, we took
them to George's Bar.
And of course, Erin can't come to Texas without a fun little DIY project! I'm always amazed at how she juggles it all.
I'm so thankful for their visit and the time we all had together.
Love these two goofballs, and how much they love each other.
These were from a family breakfast date to 5th Street Patio Cafe.
Hitting Range Balls with Daddy on Father's Day
Presley got to spend some time at Daddy's work too, when she attended a Jesuit Cheer Camp.
She loved every minute of it!!!
More fun at Play Street Museum
The kids wanted to have a "Picnic at the Beach".
The brown blanket was the sand. The blue one was the water. I love their sweet imaginations.
Melt My Heart! I am so thankful for these two precious blessings, and the friendship that they share.
Uncle
Greg, Aunt Beth, Sam, Owen, and Charlie all came for a nice long
visit.
We had lots of quality time with all our
Lynas cousins.
Presley and I went with friends to see the Dallas Children's Musical, Pinkalicious.
Presley LOVED it!!! So did Momma!
This guy and his chocolate ice cream. He cracks me up.
Fun with Friends at the Rough Riders Game
Summer Olympics Party - 2016
Not much makes me happier than seeing my babies sleeping. So peaceful. So sweet.
These were on 2 separate occasions.
I love that they were holding hands.
Watching Movies with Grace
Brooks took Golf Lessons at the PGA Tour Superstore.
Fun at the Splash Pad/Park
No comments:
Post a Comment