Monday, June 12, 2017

California Love

They say that Disney is the happiest place on earth, and it's hard to argue with that!  This time it was Presley's turn to celebrate her 5th birthday at Disney.  Since her and Lacey are only a few months apart, we all went together.  We flew into LA, where Grandma and Grandpa picked up us.  (Funny/Not Funny Story:  Before we got on our flight in Texas, I unknowingly tore my shorts so that my underwear were showing for a few hours.  I actually thought I heard them tear, but couldn't find where.  So it wasn't until we landed and were getting our baggage that I realized I needed some new shorts.  Ugh!)  We headed to Santa Monica Pier, where we did a little sight seeing and had lunch.  After a wrong turn and taking a trip through Compton, we found our way to our hotel.  After a little swim, our cousins showed up and the party really got started!  

The next morning we got up and headed to Disney.  This time, Presley got to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa, while Brooks hung out with mom and dad.  It made it really fun!  The first time we went to Disneyland, we got to do all of the cute little rides with Sissy.  But this time around we got to do more adventurous stuff with Bubba.  It was fun to explore both sides of the park.

The day was filled with so much laughter!  There were times my face was hurting from constantly smiling so big.  It really is such an amazing place to be!

The next day we all loaded up and headed to Oceanside, where we stayed for several days.  The beach was seriously beautiful.  The little house we had rented was really charming and perfect for the big group.  We left California with happy, thankful hearts.



































                                         

                          

                          




                          




















This picture.  It will forever remind me of the peacefulness I feel when sitting next to the ocean.


Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand,
    or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens?
Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket,
    or weighed the mountains on the scales
    and the hills in a balance?
Isaiah 40:12

No comments: