I recently had to have surgery to remove an ovarian cyst and my right ovary. Brooks overheard me talking to the doctor and became concerned.
Brooks - Mom, I'm kind of worried about your surgery. I heard you talking to the doctor, and I heard that you have a higher chance of having a heart attack now.
Me - Well, yes. That is true for people that have both ovaries removed. But Mommy is just having one removed. So you don't need to be concerned about that.
Brooks - What's an ovary?
Me - Well, it is part of a woman's body.
Brooks - What is it for?
Me -It makes estrogen, and helps women to have babies.
Brooks - What does estrogen do?
Me - It is the hormone that makes a woman look like a woman. For example, it makes women have breasts.
Brooks - SO YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO HAVE ONE BREAST?
No comments:
Post a Comment