Saturday, December 30, 2017

Fall/Winter 2017

Well my goodness.  I've gotten way behind here!  So I'll hit the highlights of the end of 2017.  

*Our sweet baby doll started Kindergarten with Mrs. Tracy.  She is rocking it!  She got her turn as Humpty Dumpty in the Nursery Rhyme Parade.  She is taking horse lessons at Becky's Hope and loves every minute of it.  

Brooks is loving 2nd grade with Mrs. Rex.  He is playing flag football and obsessed with all things football and The Cowboys.  Brooks chose to be "Cozy" in the Vocabulary Parade.

*In August, we adopted Nellie.  Mom's rule when we went to the shelter was no terriers and no puppies.  So guess what Dave got?  Yep.  That's right.  A terrier puppy.  She's adorable.  But she's trouble.

*Dave got approached to return to the NTPGA as the Director of Operations (where he worked when we first met).  He was sad to leave all of his friends and co-workers at Jesuit, but is so excited to be back in golf again.

*I spent August, September, and early October just being a momma.  I loved going to help at the school and having some time to myself for the first time in a long while.  I got to go with Presley's class to the pumpkin patch.  I had a minor surgery in early October.  Then I was supposed to start a long term sub job in November.  However, the day I went to shadow the teacher, another teacher on campus left, and they suddenly needed a new 3rd grade teacher.  They asked me to do it and I started the very next day.  Again, God's timing is perfect.  So now I am back at Curtsinger with both of my babies.  I treasure every moment.  

*Brooks and I went to the Mother Son Dance.  Man I love dancing with that kid!  He dressed up as Batman...so I was Catwoman.  

*Dave's family all came to Texas for Thanksgiving.  Our neighbors were out of town, so they let us use their house (and hot tub) for Erin and Josh's family.  Of course, the girls did some Black Friday shopping.  And the whole family went to The Gaylord to see the lights and ICE.  

*My parents celebrated their 45th anniversary.  I threw Mom a big surprise party at Macaroni Grill.  She had no idea!  Everyone was there and Mom was so happy.  A wonderful time was had by all.  

*Greg's family came in for the party and Christmas.  We had all kinds of adventures with the cousins, including the Video Game Museum and going to I Fly.  Such great memories.


















































































No comments: