Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Big 30 ! ! !

So yesterday was my 30th birthday.  I don't feel 30, but apparently that doesn't matter.

Last weekend Dave threw a surprise party for me at my friend Elizabeth's house.  I thought he was up to something and had even mentioned it to my mom.  He had said a couple of times, "I wanted to throw you a surprise party, but didn't think I could pull it off."  I figured he might be trying to throw me off track.  He is too funny!  Anyway, I thought I was going over for a BBQ with the other first grade teachers and their husbands.  We had done it before and had a great time.  But when we got there, my mom and little brother, and several of our friends were there too.  Dad was a little late because he had run out of gas on the way back from his business trip.  We had a great time and I was so touched by how thoughtful they had been.  However, it was a tournament weekend for Dave.  So he had been on the golf course all day Saturday and had to be back out at 6 the next morning.  By 9:30, his eyes were red and he was fighting to even stay awake.  So we were home and in bed by 10:15.  That's how you know you're 30.  The parties used to get started at 10.  Now they are over and you are alseep by 10!!!

When Dave had asked what I wanted to do for my birthday this year, I had said I would love to go to dinner and a Star's game.  I really love going to hockey games!!!  So Thursday night we went to the game and had a great time.  Then, since Friday was my actual birthday, I took the day off from school.  Dave woke me up and asked if I wanted to go have breakfast with him.  So we started the day with a great breakfast at the Original Pancake House.  Then I went shopping and to get a massage and pedicure with my girlfriend Melissa.  It was so relaxing...and I needed that!  Dave had made reservations at Del Frisco's (a really nice place here in town), but I had him cancel because I decided I just wanted to go somewhere fun and laid back.  My new favorite place is Buffalo Wild Wings!  So we went there for dinner, and then to get dessert.  It really was a fantastic way to turn 30.

We are getting so excited about the big move.  Dave is getting pretty antsy.  Every night he comes home wanting to pack.  It's pretty funny because I am dreading the packing part.  We move in next Tuesday!

On another exciting note, WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!!  Everything has really just fallen into place perfectly. We are really looking forward to spending the holidays in our new home.

2 comments:

Ticey said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Can't believe you passed up Del Frisco's!!! ;-)

Melissa said...

Congrats on selling your house and good luck with the move!! Fun, fun!! Also, hope you had a fabulous 30th birthday, it sure sounds like you did!! Take care! We miss you...