I am 16 weeks pregnant today...and boy have I got the bump to prove it. I am loving this little tummy that is constantly growing in front of me!!! I am finally past all of the first trimester yuckies. But I have to tell ya, I have always thought pregnancy was an incredible blessing...and it is. But nobody told me I was gonna feel like TOTAL CRAP for 8 weeks. I didn't expect that. Poor Dave - for several weeks, I told him he was going to be having an only child. Luckily, things are getting much better now and I am changing my mind about that. However, he thinks this one is just the first of seven...and that just ain't gonna happen!!!
We have had a busy October, and it looks like our November and December will be just as eventful. Mike, Marla, and Erin came to visit us and brought our adorable nephew Logan and sweet niece Libby. We had a great visit with everyone and loved having a house full of family.
Funny story about a proud daddy:
The day before his parents came, Dave surprised me by pulling out an "Intelligender" test that he had seen in a magazine and bought for me. Now from the get go, I tried to warn him that this was not a proven test, but he said that they claim to be 80 percent accurate. Either way, I woke up that day and took the little test, which right away said we are having a boy. Although I was not convinced, Dave was ready to take it to the bank. On the way to the airport, he stopped and got a balloon that says "It's A Boy". He had it in his hand when we picked up his family!!! Since then, (even though I do think it is a little boy) I have convinced him that our little bundle might in fact be pink, and he is ready to welcome either one. We have been having a good time shopping for cribs and can't wait until DECEMBER 2nd, when we will really find out what this little jellybean is.
Dave has been a huge help and I really have to give him credit where it is due. Between pregnancy and getting the swine flu, I was pretty worthless around the house for a while. Dave has been amazing, doing most of the cooking and cleaning, while I would come home and go straight to bed. His love and support are just another reason why I feel so blessed to be his girl. Thankfully, the last few weeks I have been able to manage it all again.
We are looking forward to this coming holiday season. Lots going on, starting this weekend, when I will be celebrating my 31st birthday. We will be heading to the rodeo and Pat Green concert on Friday night with a bunch of our friends. I will be getting a visit from my bestest friend Tiffany and her two little ones, as well as being in my friend Amber's wedding next weekend! Then my dear friend Missy is coming at the beginning of December to treat me to a pre-baby spa weekend!!! We are looking forward to Thanksgiving, when my brother Greg will be coming to town with his family (including my new nephew Charlie). And of course, we cannot wait to spend the week of Christmas skiing in the Black Hills of South Dakota with Dave's ENTIRE family!!! We are so ready for a little rest, relaxation, and snow.
1 comment:
I always made it be known that pregnancy was crappy but the little bundle made it worth while:)
Love you - Beth
Post a Comment