Well it looks like little Brooks may be joining us a little sooner than we had planned.
I got home on Sunday from my trip to South Dakota to visit Dave and house hunt. We have found a darling little house with a fantastic and huge yard for Hank and Brooks to play in. It's a 3 bedroom and 2 bath, perfect size for our little family. It is only a few blocks from Dave's office...and of course, just about everything else in the town. We are really excited about moving in and making some new family memories there.
I got home from the trip feeling pretty miserable and I started to feel like something was not right. I pretty much felt (and looked like) one of those huge balloons in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Sure enough, I went to the doctor yesterday and he sent me straight to the hospital. Apparently I am showing several symptoms of preeclampsia, which is basically pregnancy induced high blood pressure and swelling. When he hooked me up to the monitor, he saw that I was having regular contractions also, although only some of them are painful at this point. So here I am in the hospital for the second night. Hopefully I will be going home tomorrow.
The doctor has taken me off work and put me on strict bed rest until the baby comes. He really wants me to make it a couple of more weeks to help the baby's lungs get stronger. They have given me 2 steroid shots that are intended to develop the baby's lungs faster, in case he comes in the next few weeks. Because the hypertension can cause several issues for me and the baby, he has moved my delivery up to "no later than April 15th", but possibly the week before.
Can you believe it? I will be a mommy in 2 or 3 weeks!!! Not just a pregnant mommy. But a mommy that gets to hold and kiss and love on her baby!!! I cannot even put into words the pure anticipation I am feeling about the moment that we meet him!
Because he will be early, the doctor did a sono and some tests to check his biophysical profile. Brooks scored an 8 out of 8, which is great since he is 35 weeks today And he is already almost 6 pounds, so we are praying that he will be a healthy little boy. We ask for your prayers also.
Although Dave was tempted to board a plane and head home immediately, the doctor and I assured him that we have some time and that I am in good hands. So Dave will be wrapping up some business in South Dakota and then flying home next Thursday (unless he needs to sooner). Then he will be here with us until we all pack up the moving van and head to our new home in South Dakota. Lots of changes, but lots of blessings, and we are so thankful!
Please just keep us in your thoughts and prayers, as the month of April looks like it will be an adventure!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment