Here are just a few observations I have made in the last few days.
1. There are 2, that's right, 2 stop lights. Which I have to say, for a town of 6500, you would think there would at least be a few more.
2. There are no stop signs in the neighborhoods. It was the first thing I noticed when driving in the other night. When I stated how dangerous that was, Dave and Josh informed me that everyone just knows that you yield to the person on the right. I said "what about Dallas girls who don't know that rule?" But they said that everyone will see my Texas plates and be watching out for me. Nice to know!
3. No one locks their doors. And to go a step further, they leave their keys in their cars. Last night we went to get some groceries...and there were 3 cars just lined up, keys in the car...and the CARS WERE STILL RUNNING! Seriously. They leave them running while they go grocery shopping so that it's still warm when they get back in. Wow! I have got some adjusting to do.
4. At the local grocery store (there is one in town) they have curbside delivery. You go in and buy your groceries. Then you go pull the car up and they will load your groceries. Pretty neat, huh?
Anyway - just thought I would share those little tidbits that I found quite amusing.
On another note, Dave is absolutely loving his new job! He told me last night that he is "happier than a pig in poop." This job really is perfect for him, his talents, his experience, and his outgoing personality. Poor guy - the first thing they did was fly him to Phoenix for a week with the President of the university and two of his co-workers to play golf, go to baseball games, and go to dinners with a bunch of alumni. If you know my David, you know how much he loved that. Meeting and greeting...he was born for it!
To back up a little, Dave left Dallas on February 25th for South Dakota. He packed up the car and drove 14 hours to his brother's house, where he is staying. I won't lie, it was really hard for us both to separate. We are both pretty spoiled by each other, so being away from each other is not easy. Add in some pregnancy hormones, and you have got an emotional rollercoaster ride!!! But all things considered, I think I have been handling it all pretty well. I am so blessed with a lot of love and support from family and friends. We also know that every bit of this is in God's plan for our little family, and that soon we will all be together and it will be 100% worth it that I will be able to stay at home with our little boy.
Thankfully, the day after Dave left, his sister Erin flew to Dallas to be with me and to go to my baby shower. I was also joined by my 5 very best friends and bridesmaids from my wedding. It was amazing having everyone together. I had a full house, so it kept me from focusing on Dave's absence. Erin brought my sweet little niece, Libby, who is six months. Tiffany brought her little Jace, who is almost 3. And Missy brought her little man, Knox, who is turning one. We had some great girl time all weekend. I've heard it said that one would rather have one true friend than many aquaintances. Well, I have been blessed with 5 amazing girlfriends that know me inside and out...and love me still!!! Each of them, in their own special way, has touched my life and made me a better person!!! I am truly so thankful that they were all able to be there with me on such a special day and that I will have such great memories to take with me to South Dakota.
The shower was awesome! I got some of the most adorable baby stuff. I've got my stroller, my car seat, my highchair...most everything that we will need! Now all I need is my little guy to get here!!!!
I am almost 34 weeks pregnant...and WOW...he is getting so big! I am amazed at this tiny miracle that grows and kicks and wiggles around inside of my ever-growing belly. He seems to be most active when I first wake up in the morning, and when I go to bed at night. As soon as mommy gets still, he makes sure to let me know he is there. I love just putting my hand on my belly and feeling him move. I cannot wait to meet him, to see who he looks like, to see what kind of little personality he has.
Looking forward to meeting this little one almost makes me forget how bad my legs and back hurt, how my feet look like ham hocks, and the fact that one of my daily meals is a handful of tums. But that's okay, he is totally worth every bit of it!!!
Well, I guess that's about it! I will be spending the rest of the week here before heading home. After that, I will not be able to fly, so Dave will be doing all the traveling until this little guy is born. We have another sonogram on March 31st to confirm things and check his weight. But it looks like, unless he comes earlier, I will be induced on April 22nd. Then the packers and movers will come and load the truck and take all our things to our new home in South Dakota, somewhere between April 29th and May 5.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment