Today I am just feeling so grateful and so blessed! Brooks and I just got back from our morning walk. That seems to be my "alone" time now! That is when all of my thinking gets done. It all started when I passed by the school and heard the bell ring FROM THE OUTSIDE!!! That's the first time in 9 years that I have heard a school bell from the OUTSIDE of the building. Then this beautiful breeze caught me and I looked down to see Brooks' reaction, but he was sound asleep with his chubby little feet and toes just dangling out the bottom of the stroller. It was then that I realized that I am right where I want to be. Even with being away from the large majority of our family and friends. Even with knowing that it is only a matter of time before the blizzards begin. Even though I miss my momma like crazy. Even though I have come to the realization that we will never be rich, or for that matter, may never actually pay off those student loans. Even with all of these things, I am right where I wanna be. And truly, I could not ask for more.
We are really getting used to this small town living. Brooks and I have started going to a play group on Thursdays and are meeting lots of new friends. Dave and I have also met some wonderful new friends that we enjoy spending time with. I have started doing medical transcribing for a few hours every day from the house. Dave is loving his job! Seriously, we could not ask for more!!!
Little Brooks is 4 months old now! He is such a happy little boy! (Except for yesterday, when he had a nasty reaction to his shots). He is smiling, laughing, and filling our hearts with complete joy every day! And oh yea - he has slept through the night 3 nights in a row!!! But who's counting, right?
1 comment:
This is just wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys. But you're making wish I was there, not nice :)
Post a Comment