Watch me roll over from my tummy to my back!
Even my pouty face is adorable!
I cannot believe our little cowboy is already past the 3 months mark. We are just loving this age!!! He is so much fun and interacting so much with us. He is one happy little guy lately, smiling and cooing at us all the time. I swear sometimes he is trying to talk to us.
He is such a little joy in our lives...and getting so big!!! Just this week he rolled over from his tummy to his back. He is doing really well at night, usually sleeping about 6-7 hours without waking up, which Mommy and Daddy love. Tonight he had his first little taste of rice cereal. It started out a little rough when we put him in his high chair, but at soon as he figured out it was for food, he ate it all up. He's still not big on naps, but he usually takes a couple of little ones in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon. This past week I have really started trying to get him on more of a schedule!!! If it were up to him, he would spend the entire day in our arms. He is quite the little snuggler and quite the momma's boy. I try to cherish every moment because I know soon the time will come when all he'll want is to follow his daddy around with a golf club and a fishing pole.
We've had a lot of visitors this past month. First Auntie Erin came from Arizona with her two little ones. We had a great week hanging out with her and the kids. Before she left, she and Auntie Stacy painted Brooks' nursery. I had been a little sad to leave his nursery that we had gotten all ready in Dallas. So they surprised me and repainted this one exactly the same! I love love love it!!!! And so does Brooks.
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Marla are here now. We got to spend the Fourth of July with them at Uncle Matt's lake cabin with the rest of the family. Great times! They are loving spoiling Brooks with lots of love and kisses.
We are really looking forward to September, when we will head back to Dallas for a week. Brooks still has a few more cousins he needs to meet there. Then our good friends, Jen and Brian, will be coming up to South Dakota to check out our new home. We are so blessed with such awesome family and friends.
Great news! We have leased out our home in Dallas. It is a huge blessing, and we feel really great about the family that will be living there.
So I have had a lot of people ask me how I am doing here in South Dakota. And I have to say, I am loving it. There are so many amazing things here that I just love! Now, don't get me wrong. I am, and always will be, a Texas girl. I miss my family and friends like crazy. Without a doubt, that is home for me. But I am learning that I really like living in this quaint little town.
I love that we have family here. I love the little church that we have found. I love that on Sunday mornings as I get ready for church, I can hear the church bells ringing throughout the town. I love being home with my little one all day. I love that the weather is so pleasant in the summer (although I know it will be a different story come winter). The feeling of community here is really great. Everyone waves as you walk or drive by; everyone is so nice. We take LOTS of walks...to the park, to the library, to Dave's office to drop off some cookies and iced tea. Dave and I even walk over to the little Mexican restaurant to get some margaritas every now and then. Brooks loves to be outside and in his stroller, so we take advantage of that!
Now, that being said, I do have to point out some observations I have made (some of which I find quite humorous) about South Dakota and this little town.
1. Shopping: They do not have a babies R us anywhere remotely close!!! And I miss Target so much! The closest one is 45 minutes away. I am truly having withdrawals.
2. Tomatoes: If you order a salad in Texas, you better bet that it will have tomatoes on it. But here, it is quite rare. Matter of fact, I always have to ask for them. And several times I get crazy looks, like I am just high maintenance. I don't get it! They don't even put them out on salad bars.
3. Pepsi: 9 out of 10 restaurants here serve Pepsi instead of Coke. And you are lucky if you can find a restaurant that has Dr. Pepper. Seriously? It's really not funny!
4. Barbecue: I kid you not. If you order a BBQ sandwich here, they will bring you a sloppy joe on a bun. Although they are tasty, any true Texan cannot call that barbecue.
5. The other day Dave and I went to lunch and I noticed they still had a Christmas tree up. After a second glance, however, I saw that this was not your average Christmas tree. Instead it was decorated with flip flops and plastic watermelon pieces. Nope - not kidding. I guess when it is winter 75 percent of the year, it is easier just to leave the tree up and change the decorations out, right? I found it quite interesting.
6. And finally, I just have to share this. One day we were driving around and I noticed that just about every house had items piled up by the driveway. Upon investigation, we learned that the city comes by once a month with a big truck and will haul away any household items that you don't want. Okay - that's kinda cool.
Here's the not cool part. After putting some of our own things out for removal, we learned that the city gets a little help. For two days, we would see cars creeping by. Sometimes they would stop and start digging through to see if they could use anything that we had put out. I don't mean one car...or two cars. I mean probably 10 cars. And this is not just happening at our house. This is a city wide thing. I don't know....maybe it is just the city girl in me, but I am not real comfy with folks digging through our things. Anywho, I just had to include a picture I took as we drove by one of the houses. See anything you would like?
So anyway -I really am loving it. Until winter anyway!!! Till next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment