Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Big Boy Bed

For some time now, Brooks has enjoyed bedtime.  We read him stories, sing him songs, and leave the room.  He never fusses, but sometimes he will sit up there and giggle and talk and read his books for an hour before he falls asleep.  In the last few weeks, he has added kicking the wall and shaking his crib to his bedtime routine.  He just talks and laughs the whole time, but it drives us crazy!  So when my girlfriend Kristine gave us a new toddler bed, we were ready to give it a shot (even though I thought it was way too early).  And I am so glad we did!  He loves bed time even more now.  When we ask him "are you ready for bed"... he lies down on the stairs and says "Ni-Ni". 

The first few nights he did wake up in the middle of the night (mostly due to falling out of the bed, something I'm told his dad used to do quite a bit).  But we would put him back in and position the blanket to keep him from falling out again.  It also helped tremendously to put a night light in his room so that he could see where he was when he woke up.  It's now a week later and he has been napping and sleeping all night in his big boy bed.  I think it was harder on me than it was on him!

 So excited while Daddy was getting it all ready.
 
 He just kept running and jumping into the bed and snuggling up with his blanket.  Then he would do it again, giggling the whole time. 
 
After 45 minutes of playing the first night, he crashed out on the floor.  Daddy picked him up and moved him to his bed, but I had to get a picture first. 

No comments: