Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Real Man

A real man will help you clean the house to get ready for company the next day. A real man wakes up early to help you cook brunch for 14 people. A real man helps you to entertain, refill drinks, make fresh coffee, and clean up dishes. And a real man runs the vacuum and the dishwasher when everyone leaves. And he does it all without being asked, with a smile on his face. Just because he loves you and likes to see you happy. 

I am so incredibly blessed that I have a real man. A real, good man.


Every day I thank God for this man. Not only is he my rock, but he is my biggest fan, and my greatest support. 

Brooks David, I pray that one day you will grow to be like your Daddy, strong and loyal, helpful and kind. I pray that you will treat your wife with the love and respect that your daddy treats me with. You are a very lucky boy to have such an amazing example. 

Presley Elizabeth, I pray that you will marry a man that adores you, that bends over backwards to make you happy.  I pray that you will wait to give your heart to a man that will treasure it, love you unconditionally, and always make you feel like you are his one and only.  That's how your daddy makes me feel. 

We've been married almost 7 years now. And he still makes me feel that way.

 

No comments: