Dave likes to tease me about how attached I am to my sweet little Brooks. Perhaps it's because he is my first born, or because he was such a hard baby and needed me so much. Maybe it's because his personality is so similar to mine. Either way, I struggle much more with giving him independence, and letting him go, than I do with Presley.
The other day I said, "I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." To which Dave replied, "Molly, the apple is still attached to the tree." And I'm afraid it's true.
Yesterday Brooks was hanging out with me as I was getting ready.
I said, "Brooks, whose baby are you?"
He said, "Listen, mom. I'm your baby. But we need to keep that a secret from Daddy, because he thinks I'm his baby."
Sweet boy. I'm gonna miss him so much in 2 weeks, when he goes to Kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment