Monday, August 24, 2015

Mr. Kindergarten

The night before Kindergarten, it began to get super scary...and super real...to all of us.  Presley started crying that she would miss her Bubba all day.  Well, of course, that made me cry.  And then Brooks started bawling, saying how much he was going to miss all of his adventures with Mommy.  He kept saying he was going to miss me SO much.  Well, by this point, my heart was completely broken.  But I knew I had to suck it up and act tough.  So I convinced him that he was going to LOVE school...and that he would be having so much fun that he wouldn't miss me at all.  Then I rocked my sweet baby to sleep, like I have so many times in the past 5 years.

The next morning, thankfully, he had forgotten all about being anxious, and was super excited!  Of course, I was anxious enough for both of us.

After a nice breakfast, we all loaded up and headed to school.  I was so proud of my big boy, walking ahead so proudly.








I thought about my sweet boy ALL DAY!  I could not wait to see how his day when.  I can't describe how excited he was when he walked out that front door and screamed across the crowd, "You were right Mommy.  I didn't miss you at all!"

So we celebrated with ice cream.  Look at that big, cheesy, smile!


Meanwhile, Presley seems to be adjusting well to having all of mommy's attention.

No comments: