Dave has to work late today, so we met him for lunch, so the kids could spend a little time with him. We had a nice time. Presley sat super close to Daddy, and Brooks sat super close to me.
As we watched Dave get in the car and leave, we had this conversation:
Presley: I'm gonna marry that guy one day.
Mommy: I'm already married to him.
Presley: Then I'm gonna marry him next.
Mommy: You can't marry your daddy, but you can marry someone just like him.
Then she went on and on about all the things she wanted her husband to be. And guess what? They were all the things her daddy is. Including the name Dave.
I didn't have that relationship with my dad growing up. I am so incredibly blessed and thankful that my little girl wants to marry a man like her Daddy. I can only pray that one day she will feel as loved by her husband, as I do by mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment