From the moment you were born, you have danced through life,
with pure joy in your heart. As a matter
of fact, even when you were in my belly, I called you “my tiny dancer”. Even then, I could feel you dancing. And now, you are dancing into
Kindergarten. You have such confidence,
only drawing back for a moment, but ready to put your whole heart into this new
adventure. You do everything with your
whole heart.
I know you want to be just like me. And you are my sweet girl, in so many ways. You’ve got the best of me and the best of
your daddy. But you’ve got more courage
and adventure in your little finger, than I do in my whole body. You make me so proud. You have such enormous confidence. I pray you never lose that, but learn to balance
it with humility. I pray you never let
anyone take that your joy. I pray that
you never let anyone define you, other than your Lord and Saviour. You are my wild child; you are my free
spirited girl. I pray that you will use
that to bring great glory to God. I pray
that you will shine your light, HIS light, for all to see. I pray that you will have eyes to see need,
and a heart to love well. I pray that
you will have compassion, that you will be a friend to all. I pray that you will see God’s goodness, even
in the storms that will surely come, and that he will be your strength and
comfort on those days.
You have always wanted to be independent, and I know that as
you grow, that desire will grow. I knew
it even when you were little bitty, and wanted me to put you down in your
bassinet in the evenings so that you could go to sleep on your own. But then, in the middle of the night, you
would wake, and cry for me, and want me there with you. So I would feed you, lay you on my chest, and
we would sleep that way in the chair together, until morning. Presley Elizabeth, that’s what I want for
you. I want you to be able to explore,
to do things on your own, but to know that I will be here when you need
me. Sweet girl, I am always here, and I
always love you. Through the good, the
bad, the silly, the sad. When it feels
like the whole world is against you, I will love you. I’m not perfect, and I know we will have many
misunderstandings, but I promise to always do my best to teach you, guide you, and
love you.
You were born to dance to the beat of your own heart, to roam
without cages, with the innocence of a child and the free spirit of untamed
horses. I hope you laugh without
stopping, live with abandon, and love like that’s all there is. Stay wild, my wild, wild child. (From Kenny
Chesney’s Song Wild Child)
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment