Sunday, November 22, 2020

A Letter to My Babies in 2020

My precious children,

This has been a year like no other.  Not just for you, not just for our family, but for the world.  It's been a year that will always will be remembered in history.  I wonder what you will remember.  I wonder how many of the good things you will remember, how many of the good moments from quarantine that you will hold close for the rest of your life.  I wonder how many of the bad things you will remember.  The divisiveness, the fear, the anxiety, the sadness in the world around us.  Things that I could shield you from before, I can no longer shield you from.  But I hope and pray that you've learned some lessons.  I hope you've learned to love hard because we never know how long we have.  I hope you've learned that being kind means everything.  Everything.  I hope you've learned to make the best of hard situations.  I hope you've learned just how much we have, how blessed we are, and how loved you are.  I hope you've learned to be flexible and to embrace the adventure.  I hope you've learned that there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.  And most importantly, I hope this year has taught you to put your hope in Jesus. 

I've heard it said that life is not about avoiding the storms, but learning to dance in the rain.  I hope one day, when you look back, you remember that we danced in the rain.

Love, 
Mom


No comments: