Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blessed

Well it's been a while, so I figure it is time for an update.  There really hasn't been anything big going on so I'll just give a few tid bits.

Today was my beautiful mother's birthday.  We had a great time celebrating with her yesterday.  My dad has actually been having some back problems of his own and the MRI shows that he has a cyst on his spine.   He is in horrible pain, so he has been sticking close to the house.   They didn't think he would be able to make it out to dinner.   So Dave and I ran some errands and then headed up their direction.   We picked up dinner from Olive Garden and an ice cream cake on the way.   Jake and Danika were there, as well as my little brother.   We ended up all having a great time.   I just sat on the floor with mom while baby Dani rolled and crawled all over the place.   Dave worked with our nephew, Jake, to put together some engine something...boy stuff.   And my dad sat in the chair and dozed off and on.   It was really nice to just have a little family time.

Dave has a really big tournament this week, but it is here in town.   As a matter of fact, most of the upcoming tournaments are in this area.  I have to say...he is such a hard worker!   I think I would melt if I were out there in that heat all day like he is.  But he sure loves what he does...and that is such a blessing!

I have one more week before I start all of my trainings.  I am getting really excited about getting back into my routine.  I am still not able to lift anything.  Thankfully, my 19 year old little brother is!!!   He took all of my stuff to my new classroom and put it smack dab in the middle of the floor.   This week I am going to start putting things together!!!  I am so thrilled to be working with first graders again.

Other than that, we are looking forward to going back to Arizona later this month for Brock's wedding!!!  I can't wait to see the family since I missed the big family reunion.   We will be flying to Colorado at the end of the month to visit my brother Greg and his sweet family.  We will be there right after Sam starts Kindergarten, so I am super excited about that. Plus, our nephew Owen will be having his first birthday on August 19th...so I'm sure we will be celebrating that!

We just feel so overwhelmed and blessed at all of the gifts we have been given in our lives...and that we get to share them with each other, our family, and our friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping getting better Molly! You have a wonderful school yr ahead of you....happy birthday to your mom!