Monday, August 11, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

We have had a really wonderful weekend at our house.

Friday morning we had our microwave guy come to replace our old one (it was from like 1950 or something).  Come to find out...it could not be replaced without replacing the whole stove/oven unit also.  So Dave went to a 10:00 meeting and then took the rest of the afternoon off.  We went to Home Depot (Tony Stewart fans) and ordered our new stove and oven...which will be here on Wednesday.   Then we spent the rest of the afternoon running errands and hanging out.  Dave even took me to the outlet malls to get some new clothes for my new job!  Now, I have to admit that I have one heckuva man.  I am really so blessed to be married to such a patient man.  He is so good about those kinds of things.  However, it did help that his new i-phone came in that day.  He just followed me from store to store, looking for a chair he could plop himself into while he played with his new phone.  We also went to my new classroom so he could see it and help me move a few things around.  We had a lovely Subway dinner and fell asleep watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics.

Saturday was the same thing...errands and running around.  One of our friends has a little girl that was having her 1st birthday party, so we went to that for a little while.  We had to leave a little early because Dave and I had reservations at 6:00 at Capital Grille. Oh my goodness, it was wonderful! After a really romantic and special dinner there, we headed to a little wine bar close to the house.  We had planned on going to a movie...but were way too tired.

Sunday was church.  We have found a great little church that we just love.  The only problem is that the music is SO LOUD that we are almost deaf by the time we leave.  We headed over to On The Border while we waited for our ears to stop ringing (can't do much but eat out until my new stove comes in).  Then we went and saw Step Brothers.  My adorable husband loved every minute of it.  I thought it was really funny at some parts, pretty stupid at others, and the language was just unreal.  I guess that proves I'm getting to be an old married lady, huh?

Today was my first day of training with my new school.  I will be working on a team with three other gals.  They are all really sweet.  During our break, we all went out to lunch.  I was glad to get to know them a little better.  I am loving being in a new setting with new challenges!  I think it's kinda fun to try new things...and was really ready for it!   I have a little break tomorrow.  So before my school year officially begins, I will be having lunch with my husband and an afternoon massage.  I am really ready to meet my new batch of babies!!!

We leave for Phoenix on Thursday night.   I can't wait!  It is always so relaxing to go visit Dave's family...we always have so much fun...and leave there feeling so refreshed.  Then we will head to Colorado in 2 weeks to see my Bubba and his babies!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Molly! Sounds like you are feeling a whole bunch better! Happy to hear that! I want to wish you a wonderful start in your new school. They are going to love you! We will miss you so much. xo, Darlene and fam.