Thursday, July 24, 2008

And the fun continues...

The last week has been a pretty boring one...I am just spending a lot of time doing nothing...and giving my neck time to heal.  I had a really bad reaction to some of the steroids that I was on and had to go stay at mom's house for a few days while Dave was out of town.  It was a great opportunity to spend some time with my mom and dad and little brother.   They were great about driving me to all of my appointments...and spoiling me till I felt better.  I have been doing treatments everyday and am starting physical therapy also.  I stopped taking all of the heavy painkillers they had me on because I was tired of feeling so loopy (even more than usual).

Being at mom's gave me a chance to spend a little extra time with my precious niece and nephew, who Mom keeps during the days.  I also got to spend a little time with Sam, who was visiting from Colorado.  It just made me realize how fast these babies grow up...and what precious gifts they are!

Dave had a great time at his family reunion in South Dakota.  He loved being able to spend so much time with his niece and nephews.  As soon as he got back from South Dakota, he had to go to Houston for another tournament...but is home now.  This is his crazy busy time, so I am glad that he got a little rest and relaxation before all of these tournaments.

I am finally starting to think about school again and am really looking forward to starting my new job in August!!!   This summer has been so much fun, but I am ready for my routine again.  Hopefully I will be able to get into my new classroom before long and start setting things up.   Good thing I have a little brother that loves to help me move things!!!

No comments: