Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chillin' in Arizona

My goodness time does fly.  Well Dave's parents did come in last weekend and we spent the whole weekend doing house projects.   Mike and Marla are really knowledgeable about painting and all of the other projects that we have been working on.   So they were a HUGE help.   And I have found a new hobby...much to my hubby's dismay...painting!!!!  (He still can't get past the time I kinda accidentally painted the ceiling.....and couch!)

The house is in great shape...and that is part of why we fell in love with it.   Nothing really "needs" to be done.  However, we have all kinds of things we want to do.  It just needs a little updating...so that is the plan.   We just wanna do little projects...a little at a time!  We really want to paint the outside (neither of us are a fan of the awkward peach color it is now).  And we have several rooms we want to change the color in (although we already have painted 3 of them).  The other big project will be painting the cabinets in the master bath and one of the guest baths.   I cannot wait until this summer!!!!  I am going to be so busy painting and playing!!!

So Mike and Marla were in last weekend and we had an amazing time.  We took some great breaks from working to go look at Christmas lights and play around town.  However, Dave and I both got really sick.  I ended up staying home from school on Monday and fighting off a sinus infection all week.  Then on Friday, right after school, we hopped on a plane to Phoenix and have been relaxing here since then.  We both just LOVE being here, away from everything.  It's really pretty pathetic how lazy and spoiled we are when we are here.   Lots of family, food, games, movies, and loving on all of these kids.

Last night we went to a movie with Dave's brother and his wife.  Then we all met my girlfriend Amanda and her family for dinner.  Amanda and I used to live across the street from each other in Texas.  She got married and moved to Phoenix before I ever met Dave.  Funny how that worked out!  Now I'm married to a man whose family lives in Phoenix, so we get to see each other quite a bit now. She is a great friend and I just feel super-blessed that we still get to see each other so much.  She has two precious little girls that are just geting SO big.  Anyway...we had a great dinner before coming home and whooping some butt in a trivial pursuit couples game with his family.  What can I say?   We are pretty smart!!!!

So today we are going to see another movie, go shopping, and then go to the Zoo Lights.   How great is that?   We head home on Friday...and then maybe to Louisiana to see my Grandma, who is not doing real well.  We are just loving all of this time off together, away from everything, with family and friends.

No comments: