Thursday, December 4, 2008

What a Whirlwind

I don't even know where to begin.  The last week and a half have been one huge whirlwind.

Tuesday afternoon I was supposed to meet Dave at the new house to do a couple of things before the move in.  When I got there, he had taken the afternoon off and had already moved all of our clothes from the old closet to the new one.  I was so impressed with his sweet gesture, since I had told him that was the part I hated most about moving.  He took care of it all...even without the electricity.  Love my man!

Wednesday was the big day.  It was incredible.  The movers showed up at 7am, brought everything into the new house, were gone by 9:30am.  We scrambled like crazy to get things in order for Thanksgiving on Thursday.  My brother Greg came over early and stayed most of the day to help out!  We got so much done and it was great to spend some time together.

Dave and I woke up on Thanksgiving morning, both just feeling overwhelmed with how thankful we are.  We just feel so incredibly blessed to have each other, the amazing family and friends that we have, and a beautiful home to make a family in.  All day we worked and cooked side dishes.  Well Dave worked, I cooked.  Everyone started coming at about 3:30.  Dad showed up with the turkey and his famous dressing at about 6:00.  Perfect timing...we were all starving!!!  All 16 of us sat down and had a wonderful dinner!  We were really excited that my cousin Shannon made it up from San Antonio to be with us too!  It was perfect.  It was even more perfect when I went outside with the kids for a while and returned to see my husband and Uncle Tim cleaning the kitchen.

Friday morning Dave was supposed to fly to Arizona for his brother's state championship football game.  The plan was that I would stay here and work on getting us settled.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am not so great with change...and need a little time to adjust to new things.  When we realized that Josh's team would be going to state the weekend after the move and after Thanksgiving, we decided that it would probably be a little too much for my sanity to try to pull it all off.   Well I woke up Friday and was just so sad that I would not be going.  I really wanted to be with the family for such a special time.  Plus, Dave had been at tournaments for the last 5 weekends, so we are really tired of being apart.   I decided I didn't care about getting things done...I wanted to go!!!  So Dave looked up flights and before I knew it, we were both on a plane to Phoenix a few hours later.   We flew in Friday afternoon and then drove to Flagstaff the following day for the game.

Okay here is the part where Dave and I are very different...and I am sure I will completely get in trouble for admitting this out loud.  I am not a football fan at all...barely understand the game.   But I have been learning...and I know which way the team is supposed to run with the ball...so at least I knew when to get excited for Josh's team!   The game was awesome!!!!   At the end of the first half, they were down 20-0.  But they came back after halftime and kicked some serious booty.   They won 34-33 in double overtime.   How exciting!  Those kids were on cloud 9, as well as Josh and the rest of the family.   I was so glad that I had gone!!!   I flew home late Sunday...and Dave got home Monday.

Monday night I threw small get together for my dear girlfriend Melissa.  She is in Antigua getting married this weekend.   So some of the girls got together for dinner and to have a little fun before she left.   Nothing crazy (at least for me....they continued on after old lady me went home to bed).  I am so thrilled for her.   We will also be doing a reception here at the house for her and Sam in January.

Most of this week we have just been trying to get to this weekend.  We have gotten a ton of our projects done...but there is still so much to do.   I seriously think this is the first time I have been on this computer all week.  I have about 15 people that I need to call back.  Not sure when things will slow down.   BUT...Dave does not have any tournaments or out of town trips until FEBRUARY!!!   So we are hoping things are going to ease up a bit.  We are so thankful that we will have all of this time together in our new home.  We are looking forward to next weekend when his parents are coming to visit from Arizona.  See...I told you it's been crazy.

No comments: