Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I have been quite the slacker with the blogging lately.  Speaking of slacker, hopefully you have not been waiting for our Christmas cards because, well, they aren't coming.  Sorry guys, you'll have to wait till next year!  We do, however, wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas.

Dave and I are heading to the Black Hills of South Dakota, where we (and by we, I mean everyone except pregnant me) will be skiing, snowmobiling, and having lots of fun in the snow for the next week.  We have rented a 5 bedroom cabin with the entire family, where we are sure to make some amazing memories with our loved ones. We were supposed to fly out at 4am this morning, but our flight has been pushed back a bit, due to the massive snowstorm.  Hopefully we will have more luck with our next flight.

December has been a wonderful month, filled with many special moments.

We started putting together the nursery and making room for little Brooks.  We found some precious furniture that we just love and got it all set up.  Then Dave suprised me one evening by buying the bedding that I fell in love with and getting the bed all fixed up.  After tricking me into going into the nursery, I broke down in tears, seeing the little bed where our angel will be sleeping.  It made it that much more real how blessed we are!  I can just see him all snuggled up on the mattress...and it makes me even more anxious to meet him and learn all about him.

We also went and got registered!  How fun!  I loved picking out all the adorable baby things...and Dave loved shooting the laser gun at just about anything in front of him.  Thank goodness I can access it all online and delete all the "extras" that he thought we needed.

My dear childhood friend, Missy, came in from Austin this month to take me to a relaxing day at the spa.  It was so fantastic having some girl time with a great friend - and being completely spoiled!

We hosted the Christmas get together for our small group from church.  We feel so blessed to be a part of such an awesome group of couples.  There are 6 couples, and 5 of us are pregnant, so it's a great support system too.

Yesterday my baby brother turned 21!!!

I got to spend some time today with my girlfriend from high school, Leslie.  I haven't seen her since before Dave and I got married, so it was great catching up with her and her husband, Mark.

And finally, after two years of him begging me to learn to play cribbage, Dave finally convinced me to sit down and play.  Turns out I absolutely love the game (and love beating him), so we have been playing every night since then!  I'm addicted!

And I think that catches us up!  I've included a few pictures of the baby's room too!

We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

The nursery is beautiful! I hope you guys have a fun, safe trip and stressLESS flight.

Scott and Ashley said...

The nursery is adorable, I just love the bedding! I am so excited you have a blog, I love reading updates. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
-Ashley Stevenson