Well...it's official. We are moving to South Dakota.
In December, Dave got a call from Josh, his brother, informing him of an upcoming job that he might be interested in at the college they both played football at. Josh is a head coach at the college now. So Dave got onto the website and applied for the job. Well, a couple of days later, Dave got a call. Truth be told, I had my ear up against the office door as he did his phone interview (I didn't want to distract him)...and tears were just rolling down my face, because I knew in my heart that big changes were ahead for our family. And while these are positive changes, huge blessings, anyone that knows me...knows I am not real fond of change at first. So we placed it all in God's hands and prayed and prayed that HIS will would be done.
So the next day we flew to South Dakota to be with family for the holidays. While we were there, Dave got a phone call saying they wanted to move forward and fly him in for the formal interview process. So last week Dave flew in and spent a few days on campus, meeting with the hiring committee.
Yesterday morning they called with a job offer and after an evening of prayerful consideration together, he called this morning to accept. So off we go! To the freezing, I can't believe I am going to be living in the Arctic, South Dakota.
Dave will begin work at the end of February, traveling back and forth until our little jellybean is born. I will continue to work until I go on maternity leave...and then I WILL BE ABLE TO STAY HOME WITH OUR BABY!!!! Can you tell how excited I am about this? There is nothing more that I want than to stay home with this little miracle that is karate chopping me as I type. And if that means moving to South Dakota, by gosh, let's go!!!
Dave will be taking a leave in April to come home and be here when Brooks is born. We will all be here together until the baby is a couple of weeks old, and then we will head north as a family. I'm sure it will be quite an adjustment. But I am so blessed to be married to my very best friend, so I know it will all work out.
Dave is thrilled! Not only will he be working at a job that he knows he will love, but he will be living near a lot of his family again. His brother and his family, aunt and uncle, and a set of cousins are all going to be living in this little town with us. And within a 60 mile radius - there are another 50 or so cousins and Aunts and Uncles (his mom is one of 17 kiddos). So needless to say, we know we will have lots of love and support. And believe it or not, I am pretty excited about raising little Brooks in a small town.
We are definitely sad about all of the family and friends that we will be leaving here in Texas. But we trust that God will bless us with new friends, and that there will be plenty of visits.
And if anyone wants to see what the North Pole is like, feel free to come visit and stay with us!
In other news, Dave will be getting baptized on February 7th. The Lord has been working in our lives and in David's heart for quite some time now. Even though he was baptized as an infant, he wants to reaffirm his faith and commitment to Christ. And since we have a big move ahead of us, he has decided he wants to do it at our current church, the church where he feels he has really developed as a Christian. I could not be more proud of and happy for him!!!
As for me and baby, I am now 27 weeks pregnant...and so in love with this baby boy. I cannot wait to meet him and learn all about him!!!
Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, as we go through many changes and learn how to live in below zero temperatures!
1 comment:
Molly,
I am so proud of you!!! YOU have come a long way BABY!
God is so good and he always has our back. You and Dave are so perfect together and now we have perfect baby boy in the mix. Could you have ever imagined the future God had planned for you? Its all those little tiny faith steps that lead us to the great leaps in life.
I think you will love the artic!
My prayers are with you!
Congats! Diane
Post a Comment