Friday, March 1, 2013

A Girl and her Dog

Ya know that saying "man's best friend"?  Well, Presley would argue that. 
 
As a mommy, I am completely touched by the relationship between my children. 
 
The way that Presley follows Brooks around the house, already wanting to do everything he does.  The way that I can give them both a sippy cup with juice...but Presley still wants to drink from the one Brooks is drinking from.  The way that Presley lights up when Brooks comes into the room.  The giggles and screeches that only he can produce. 
 
The way that Brooks, my not-so-great sharer, will share just about anything with his "sissy".  The way that he tells her "come on, Sissy, play trains with me".  The softer, gentler side that he shows her.  The way he still wants to kiss her goodnight every single night. 
 
These are the things that melt this mommy.  And with all my heart, I pray that they always love and adore each other this much.  That they always see the other as their best friend.
 
But since we've gotten Blue, Brooks has some competition. 
 





No comments: