I cannot believe our sweet little princess is already 1 year old! It is so bittersweet to watch her grow and change. Part of me wants her to stay this smiley, sweet, snuggly little doll baby forever. And part of me is excited to see the plans that God has for her.
The week before her birthday, my mom drove up from Dallas to spend the week with us. We had a great week, with lots of shopping and girly fun!
Then Grandma and Grandpa flew in from Arizona to celebrate Presley's first birthday with us! It was an awesome few days! Lots of spoiling occured!
Presley is a girly girl already. She loves her baby dolls, showering them with hugs and kisses. So we knew she would LOVE the little pink kitchen that Grandma and Grandpa got her for her birthday. Dave and I got her a little shopping cart with food...and a seat for her baby doll. And while we thought that all the pink would maybe keep Brooks from thinking the new toys were for him, he sure is loving playing house with "Sissy".
They also took us to the circus. Now let me tell ya, if you know my Brooks, you know this is HUGE! Until January (when we were blessed with Blue), Brooks was TERRIFIED of animals. Any animals. He loves to talk about them, read about them, learn about them...but he did not want to be anywhere near them.
After 6 weeks with Blue in the house, he is a different kid. He is no longer afraid of animals. He even loves to go pet the horse that lives down the street. But even I was surprised when I looked down from the stands at the circus...and saw that Grandpa had gotten Brooks to ride on a pony! I ran down to snap some pictures, while fighting back happy tears. AND THEN....he told me he wanted me to ride the elephant with him. Seriously folks, this is HUGE!!!
We had a great time. Such a great time that Brooks was crying as we dropped Grandma and Grandpa off at the airport. When we got home, he cried again, saying "I want them to come back."
My children are so incredibly blessed to have the love of such amazing grandparents!
Presley is showing how old she is.
She didn't like her hands getting dirty!
Going shopping with her baby
Her first carousel ride. Also, the first one that I did not have to drag a kicking/screaming Brooks onto.
Look at my big boy!
Riding the elephant with mommy!
Pure. Love.
If she grabs your ear...and sucks her fingers...they you know that you are special!
So close to walking, but not there yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment