Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mommy's Got A JOB

After 6 years of being home with my precious babies, I am heading back to the classroom.

I'm nervous about juggling it all, but I'm really excited.  And I'll be teaching at the kids' school. Well, Presley has one more year of preschool, but she will be there with me before long.

I've been subbing quite a bit for first grade at Curtsinger this year. In January, a couple of the first grade teachers came to me and asked if I would be interested in joining their team next year, as they would probably be adding another teacher to the team. 

It surprised me how excited I felt. So I told them to absolutely put my name in the hat.  They said, "There's no hat. We want you."  

Fast forward to late March. I got an email from the principal asking me to come interview for the First Grade Position. My interview the next week went very well, and confirmed to me that I wanted to be a part of this great team. 

The principal offered me the job the next day, April Fool's Day, Brooks 6th birthday. I was actually subbing for his class that day. I accepted immediately. 

If you would have asked me at this time last year. I would have told you I had no desire to go back to teaching full time. But then, in August, when Brooks started school, I started feeling my heart change. I started praying that God would show me where he wants me, and provide a way, if he wants me back in the classroom. 

The pieces have come together perfectly. Even the little details, showing me God's hand in this. 

Presley will be going full time to a preschool right by the house next year. She even has a little friend there already. I feel like she could use more time with her peers, as she has only ever really been with me. I'm sure gonna miss our precious girls time, our lazy days
together, our extra cuddle time. But I know that this is God's plan for our family. 

So I'm soaking this up as much as I can for now. 






No comments: