Thursday, August 7, 2014

Brooks - Loving Life

Our snuggly little Brooksie Bear is 4 years old.  He is a momma's boy.  He's a smarty pants and a social butterfly.  He loves to tell jokes and stories to anyone that will listen. He never stops moving and jumping.

Brooks is incredible.  As much as he loves to be around people, he loves to be alone.  He's okay spending all day swimming with friends.  And he's okay spending all day in his room with his Legos, being a "master builder."

His imagination and creativity absolutely blow me away.  I can't wait to see what this little guy does with all the amazing gifts God has given him.

He is very emotional, like his momma.  He wears his feelings on his sleeve.  And he wants everyone to feel loved and happy.  He gets stressed when things aren't perfect or how he thinks they should be. 

He is the most determined child I know.  When he sets his mind to something, he makes it happen.  He wanted to learn to ride a bike with no training wheels.  So he did.  On the first day.  He wanted to learn to swim.  So we put him in lessons and he was swimming by the end of the 2nd day.  He amazes me.

And he scares me.  He thinks this world is full of nothing but sunshine, happiness, and good people.  And I don't ever want him to find out there is more to it than that.  I just wanna wrap him up in my Momma Bear arms and protect him from ever getting hurt.  I can't, I know.  But I can pray and pray and pray that he will use all his talents, all his emotions, and all his love to make this world a better place, and to bring others to know the love of Christ. 














No comments: