Thursday, February 9, 2012

First Day of "School"

This morning was Brooks' first day at Mother's Day Out.  Yesterday we went and showed him around and he was bawling his little head off, afraid that we were leaving him.  But eventually he started playing, and then he did not want to leave.  So we weren't sure how this morning would go. 

It went GREAT!  He walked in ahead of me and went straight to his classroom.  He didn't cry at all.  Immediately he started playing and giggling with another little boy.  I slipped out and he didn't even notice!!!! 

I had a great time running errands by myself...something I will never again take for granted!!!  When I went back to get him, he was playing away, having a great time.  I was talking to the teacher for 10 minutes before he even noticed I was there.  As soon as he saw me he yelled, "Hi" and ran to me.  What a happy momma I am!!!!  So proud of my little man. 

 Heading to School

 Leading the way...such a big boy!

 Such a sweetie.

His teacher sent me this picture during craft time. 
 

1 comment:

The Barber's said...

Molly,
I am so excited for you to get some "Mama Time"...even if it is short lived. I bet you couldn't wait to get back to pick up sweet little Brooks ( :