Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wal-Mart Special

So most of you know that I have never met a stranger.  But now, I'm afraid I have taken it to new levels.  Since we have moved, I have been praying that God would give us a little boy Brooks' age for him to play with.  I love love love being home with Brooks.  But some days it can be challenging for me, being in the house all day, especially during winter.  And some days it can be challenging for Brooks!  He needs to run and play and be around other kids his age! 

We have made some great friends since our move to Oklahoma, but not any that have little boys Brooks' age for him to run and play with.  Poor little guy. 

So a few weeks ago, we were at Wal-mart.  As I was checking out the goods, another mom turned the corner with her cart and her blond-haired little boy yelled "Hi!".  So Brooks and this little boy started laughing and playing back and forth with each other.  Then his mom and I got to talking and we had a nice little conversation about potty training (she saw our little potty seat in the basket).  We spent quite a few minutes chatting (so did the boys) before I said goodbye and walked away. 

As  I was walking away, I thought "what a nice gal...and sweet little boy."  And then, I turned my cart right back around and went back over to her.  I said "you are going to think I am crazy, but would you like to get the boys together for a play date?"  She said absolutely!  So we traded numbers and set a date for that Friday.  Since then, we have gotten to be good buddies with Jeana and Kosten.  We have been exploring some of the parks here in town together and playing at each other's houses.  Who knew you could make new friends at Wal-mart?  What an answered prayer!

No comments: